Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Event not showing

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Smashweld » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Updating a site from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7.
Doing this in a Xampp environment to sort things out before going live.

I have a couple of days struggled with the issue that events that are created backend do not show up in calender frontend. If I try to use the frontend search tool the event is found but also en errorcode that says "Warning: Invalid CRT parameters detected in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla17\components\com_jevents\libraries\jevdate.php on line 231"
Tried to reinstall the JE components but that doesn´t seem to help.
What to do?

XAMPP version 2.5
PHP Version 5.3.8
Joomla Version 1.7.3 Stable
JEvents 2.0.11

Best regards Håkan
Smashweld

Postby Tonyp » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Have you used the migration tool in:

http://jevents.net/en/downloads/categor ... ts-20-beta

Regards?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Smashweld » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:55 am

No, the site is rather small so it was just as simple to redo it from scratch.

Håkan
Smashweld

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:56 am

you have WAMP not XAMPP I suspect - since its windows it doesn't support some date formatting options %e from memeory so check the date/time settings you are using
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Smashweld » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:00 pm

The software is called XAMPP but you may be right in that I use a WAMP set and not a LAMP set for the simulation.
What date formating are you talking about?
Tried to change betean 12 and 24 h but that did not change much. What else to set?
Smashweld

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:05 am

It will be the date formatting I suspect
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Smashweld » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:14 pm

I suspect you have to give me more information.
Is the date formatting changeable in the JEvents module? Is it somewhere else in Joomla? In PHP driver or in some other windows settings?
Smashweld

Postby Geraint » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:42 am

what config option did you select for "Date Format" in the JEvents config ?
Geraint

Postby Smashweld » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:19 am

Ok, i used "From language file" (= Swedish) and changed that to "Continental-German" and it seems to work.

Looks like the swedish translation file needs an update even though it seems rather new.

Thanks for guidance.
Håkan
Smashweld

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)