Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Latest Event - No date with Unspecified time

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby carcam » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:19 pm

I think the errors might be related, can you please turn on maximum error reporting on your Joomla! installation (It's at the Global configuration area) and let us know if accessing the events show any error mesage? Another option could be to look the problem up in the server error log of your server.

By the way, which version of PHP and which server are you using?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby wgiesel » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:30 pm

Ok. I tried to use the error reporting, but I am not used to use it.
So I reinstalled the component and the modules (without deleting the database, because all my dates where still there, after reinstall).
It works with the default string
${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}]
${title}
But when I use me custom string, it get the same problem, that it does not display date on events with unspecified time.
Also the error of the event details is still there. Just a white page, no error reporting from Joomla.
I am using:
Apache/2.2.4 (Linux/SUSE)
Joomla! 1.5.24 Stable

So I need to solve both problems. May be a "real" reinstall might help. I am willing to do this. Is there a how to deinstall completely.

Thanks a lot
wgiesel

Postby carcam » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi wgiesel,
without the error log we are a kind of blind, or like we say in Spain "dando palos de ciego".

Anyway I am pretty sure it's a php problem (blank pages usually are) so let's try some common recipes:

- First of all, please upgrade your Joomla! installation to 1.5.25 and if you are not using the latest JEvents version, please upgrade your installation and be sure you upgrade the latest events module

- Which of the custom format strings does not work? Please try with the default custom format string and adding some variations to check if it's a problem with your PHP version. By the way it would be nice to know your PHP version.

- Try using one of the default Joomla! templates to check that the problem is not in the template. Some templates include overrides for JEvents and if it's an old template that might be causing the problem.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby wgiesel » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Hello again:
Sorry but I was a few days offline:
I did the update to the Joomla 1.5.25
I use the v2.0.11 Stable of JEvent, I understand that this the last version.
My PHP Version is 5.2.6.
I tried the default templates of joomla (JA_Purity, rhuk_milkyway) and both problems persist: No date with the custom string on dates with unspecific times and blank site on events details.

My custom sting is:
${eventDate (%d.%m.%Y)}[!a: ${endDate(%d. %B %Y)}]
${eventDate (%d.%m.%Y)}Hora:[!a: ${startDate(%H:%M)}]-[!a: ${endDate(%H:%M)}]
${title}
There is something wrong with I guess.
Thank you
wgiesel

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 am

1. blank site and no error message with max error reporting on then check the server error logs
2. did you check the 'use settings below' option? Also note that some servers (windows in particular and some languages) do not support all the date formatting options.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby wgiesel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 am

Yes, just a blank site.I turned debugging on, so you can check yourself? Maybe I do something wrong.
I have found two more bugs. Now I can't save changes on events details. After return to the saved details, the text have disappeared.
My server is Linux/SUSE.
I would like to reinstall all the component. You can tell mi, which tables I have to delete on joomla database? When I deinstall Jevents, looks like it keeps all data.
Thank you.
wgiesel

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:31 am

Can you enabled maximum error reporting in Joomla and see what is outputted on the blank page.

Thanks
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby wgiesel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:31 pm

I am sorry. I just get the max error reporting. I thought you mean the debugging thing.
That's what I get:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$title in /srv/www/vhosts/ewto.es/httpdocs/plugins/content/facebooklikeandshare.php on line 55 Fatal error: Class 'ContentHelperRoute' not found in /srv/www/vhosts/ewto.es/httpdocs/plugins/content/facebooklikeandshare.php on line 388
wgiesel

Postby Tonyp » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:47 pm

Can you disable your Facebooklikeandshare plugin?

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby wgiesel » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Ok, confirmed: When I unable the facebooklikeandshare Plugin, I can open the detail page of the events.
Of course, I would like to use both plugins. In facebooklikeandshare I can unable article Id or even o hole category. May that help? Do the events have id o belong to any category?

Still if got the problem of the my custom string. Maybe somebody me could help on this too.
I like to have this output:
17. Diciembre 2011
Hora: 16:00- 20:00
Titel
That works fine with my string.
But when it comes to an Event with no specific time, it does not show the date of al:
Blank
Hora:-
Title
wgiesel

PreviousNext

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)