Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JEvents & DT Register issues

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ngchamber » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi there,
We are wondering why the JEvents and DT register are not working like they did on our previous site.
When I post an event to JEvents then follow the steps in DT Register and 'sync' with JEvents, the item does not show up in the JEvents Calendar or under my Upcoming Events listing on the website. I hope you can help, as we are trying so hard to get this all done by Jan.1 since our existing site was 'compromised on Dec. 15). Thank you :)
ngchamber

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:32 am

You'll need to ask the DT register guys - their product is completely independent of JEvents.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ngchamber » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:27 pm

Thank you for clarity. DT Register promotes your product and notes that theirs works with yours, however, has recently produced a new product that doesn't require a JEvent sync. But, is not syncing correctly.

We are using the 2.0.11 is the Club Higher version better and/or has fixes that we need as not a club member (yet)?

Also, Tony mentioned you have JEvents Pro included, not sure if we have that loaded. Does this allow for 'detailed' events, front end user to post their own events (with permissions required) and also registered events where one has to pay to attend and/or register for 'number' requirements?
Most appreciate your help in helping me better understand the JEvents product. :?:
ngchamber

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello,

The Club version, does have a few more features. Enhanced SEF, enhanced crawler functions etc. It won't include any fixes over 2.0.11 as this is stable.

JEvents RSVP Pro, is the event registration system which has a massive feature base.

By detailed events what do you mean? yes it allows you to post details of your events, as the current does. But you can get the custom fields plugin if you want specific fields when creating events etc.

Yes you can set it up for users can create events, Jevents has a built in Authorised User Mode, so you can limit it to users which allows for a stricter permission system.

Or you can use Joomla's own usergroup's to limit who can create events.

I hope this clarify your issues, should you have any questions just ask :).
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ngchamber » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:49 pm

ok, because I am not the `web guy` I am trying very hard to understand and educate myself...as I am in charge of the website as the Exec. Dir. of the Organization.
so, here goes...when we used JEvents before (along with DT Register) I would enter my event in JEvents and then choose that event to complete the Registration process in DT Register.

On the Event (as it would now be listed under Upcoming Events on our home page (if it is a registered type event)) it had a `register Here` and `View All Events` button at the bottom of the Details of the event.

There are no longer either of these buttons. Are the buttons from JEvents :?: How do I acquire the JEVents RSVP Pro :?: again happy to learn more and appreciate your help very much. :)
ngchamber

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:23 pm

Hello,

Well we are not familiar with DT Register. You would have to speak to the person whom initially set it up, and ask how it was done or speak to DT Register.

To get Jevents RSVP Pro just purchase our Gold subscription.

RSVP Pro will include the attendance form at the bottom of the event. when entries are open.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)