Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

the simplest of listings........

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Thomsterdam » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Hi all,
I've downloaded and installed JEvents and it all looks rather daunting. I'm starting to feel I'm trying to crack a wallnut with a sledgehammer.

To cut a long story short: We are an organization that has 12 meetings a year. I would like to make a page that has a simple list of dates, speakers, and some info. I want the current item to disappear the moment our gathering starts.

1. Is it possible to make such a list with JEvents? Is it indeed a wallnut/sledgehammer story?
2. If so, could you recommend another extension (with sufficient documentation) for Joomla 1.6/1.7 that will do the job?
3. If not, could you explain the process like I'm a four year old? Or is there a tutorial/instruction sheet that will guide me through the process?

Thanx a lot

Thomsterdam
Thomsterdam
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 pm

Hello Thomsterdam,

Thank you for choosing JEvents.

First of all, Jevent's is as you are calling it a Sledgehammer :). It is massive, and at times can be daunting. However, it is a super calendar component.

Firstly I would install Jevents, and create a Menu Item with a Yearly List View.

It all depends on how you want it viewed.

To make a list of events, with times dates, and organiser that is easy enough. Then when an event is viewed it can contain all the information you wish.

I would personally create 1 year which repeats once a month 12 times a year.

Is this what you are looking for? can you provide a more in depth view of your desired layout/organisation? maybe someone else's site which you have seen and would like yours to represent?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)