Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents 2.0: Potential & Future Legacy for existing user

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby webxcrawler » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Dear jevents.net,

I would like to know & deep understand with Jevents legacy potential & future.

Actually, i running my website with Joomla 1.5.25(current latest version) & JEvents v1.5.4. This week i would like to migrate/update/upgrade from JEvents v1.5.4 to JEvents v1.5.6 or 2.0 as currently latest version. But a little bite hassle for me although i think i successful to upgrade but cant:

a)registered user to submit events. page will be blank/not found/HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error)
b)Latest Events Module(also using a latest module) can't show on my website where page will be blank/not found/HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error). If i turn off this module, my website will be fine without any problem.

But if i uninstall everything related with JEvents v1.5.4 files & database then fresh install with JEvents v1.5.6 or 2.0 . I got no problem to use it by i will loose every past event that's has been on my website.

I also try to 'Hide Migration from JEvents 1.4 Icon' either YES or No but nothing appear as i can choose

Now i thinking either to pursuit with a fresh installation JEvent 2.0 but as i said i need to deep understand with Jevents legacy potential & future as i would like to keep previous event no matter if after this i upgrading to JEvent 2.1 or JEvent 3.0.

Or can someone help me step by step how to upgrade from JEvents v1.5.4 to a newest version.

Thanxs
webxcrawler

Postby carcam » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:59 am

Hi webxcrawler,
actually the migration from JEvents 1.5.4 to 1.5.5 (or 1.5.6) should be seamless, just installing the new files into your site, it should work.

I think that most of your problems may be related to an incomplete upgrade of the component and addons. That is, that you probably forgot to install the 1.5.6 latest events module when you install the 1.5.6 component, and of course other JEvents related modules such as the filter module, the search plugin and other stuff.

My advice is to create a backup of your site and after that try to upgrade the component with all related modules to check if that solve the issues. If this does not solve the issue, you can restore the backup, obviously.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)