Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JEvents w/ JFusion + vBulletin ??

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby tgc123 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:06 am

Hello,

Has anybody successfully integrated JEvents + vBulletin together with JFusion?

We're currently using Joomla 1.5 + vBulletin and sign ups go through JFusion so only one account is used throughout the site. I searched here for "vbulletin" on the top right and no results came back so was wondering if anyone here has integrated JEvents into their vBulletin + JFusion setup. Would like to know of any major issues and if it will work with Joomla 1.7 as well.

Thanks.
tgc123

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:42 am

Hmmm,

So I take it JFusion just integrates with Joomla's current registration system?

If so I can't see there being a problem? What sort of integration are you looking for?

Jevents is just part of Joomla and the only time you need login etc is if you require login to enter an event (RSVP Pro), or limiting events to specific user levels/groups.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby tgc123 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:19 am

Tonyp wrote:So I take it JFusion just integrates with Joomla's current registration system?

If so I can't see there being a problem? What sort of integration are you looking for?
Users actually sign up through the vBulletin registration system (set as "Master", while Joomla's registration is set to "Slave") and JFusion integrates the data into Joomla.

We won't allow guests to add/RSVP to events, so yes, we would be limiting JEvents usage to specific user groups.

I guess we'll have to try this out in a few weeks and see how it goes.
tgc123

Postby Tonyp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:17 pm

I would advise trying it out, but by the sounds of it I do not foresee any problems.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)