Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Publishing Jevents as a menu item

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby REL » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:12 pm

I installed Jevents 2.0 to Joomla 1.5.20, and I'm having trouble getting the calendar to publish. I have created a calendar and events in the Jevents component.
I have created a new menu item, but when I go to add the menu item type, it doesn't show up no matter what I choose (View by month, list by week, list by year, etc). When I go back to the Menu item (edit) page, it does not have a menu type chosen.
I read forums that said there is supposed to be a "monthly calendar" option, but I don't have one when I go to choose type.
I'm sure I'm just missing something simple--can you help me?
REL

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Firstly... Upgrade Joomla to 1.5.25 not just for Jevents for the security of your site. A massive security flaw was found in all releases prior to 1.5.25.

By not displaying what happens?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby REL » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:55 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I definitely need to upgrade, and I thought that may be the problem. I downloaded jevents 1.5 (to hopefully help with compatibility as upgrading the site isn't an option immediately), but I am getting the same problem. Although, I do now have an option for monthly calendar, which I used as the menu type.

The tab just leads to a page that says "Calendar. Events calendar."

Thank you.
REL

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:59 am

REL,

Why is upgrading joomla an issue? your site is extremely vanverabal to hackers until you do. as 1.5.25 includes a big security fix.

Also upgrading to 1.5.25 should not have any compatibility issues.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby REL » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 am

Well, mostly because I'm not great with web design, and I'm new to this job and I'm really not sure how to go about it successfully.
REL

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 am

I would use akeeba backup to backup your site first ans then use.akeeba admin tools to preform the update which is the easiest way.

If you wish I can do this for a fee.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby REL » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for the help! I will let you know.
REL

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)