Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents in Welsh Language

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Hello

Can anyone help us with the following?

We are using the Jevents 2.0 calender with a joomla 1.5.25 site.
We want to display the calender in welsh but are not sure if this is possible. Are there any Welsh language files available and if so is it possible anyone can tell me what membership i would require to have access to the welsh language files?

Any help appreciated

Thanks
ballyhoo

Postby Geraint » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:11 pm

Yn anffodus does dim cyfieithiad cymraeg llawn ar gael ar hyn o bryd. Mae cyfieithiad rhanol o JEvents 1.5 ar gael ym viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2228&p=7434&hilit=welsh#p7434

There is not a complete Welsh language translation available at present. A partial translation of Jevents 1.5 is available here

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:41 pm

Hello Geraint.

Thanks very much for your quick reply and the link to the files.
We have downloaded the files and unzipped them and uploaded the cy-GB folder to the /language and the /admin/language folder on our site.
Is it possible you could give us any advice on how to install the language file into jevents 2.0. calendar?

Thanks again for your help.
ballyhoo

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 pm

You will need to install the Joomla 1.5 Welsh Translation file first.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Hello Tony

Thanks very much for your reply. It is much appreciated.
I have downloaded and installed the welsh Language file form here:
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... oomla/2398
Is that the one you meant?
We are quite new to Joomla! and i am a little unsure of what to do next.

Any advice appreciated.
ballyhoo

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:03 pm

No problem,

You would need to set the language in your user profile.

Or if using the language site wide, you would need to set the Welsh language to Default from the Language Manager in the Extend Menu of Joomla Administration.
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby ballyhoo » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks Tony

I have set the front end language to welsh in the user - admin.

Just a little unsure how i can apply the language files to the Jevents calendar.

Thanks again for your help.
ballyhoo

Postby Tonyp » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello,

The language file might only be a partial translation.

If you have a look in the languages and the admin/languages folder you should be able to download and find the current language string and apply this to the over ride settings with it translated.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:08 am

The problem is that the file you have is a JEvents 1.5 file and the file structures changed for JEvents 2.0 to accomodate Joomla 1.6/1.7

See http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... ts-20-beta and the language file converter script at the bottom of the page.

By the way are you using Joomla 1.7? If so do you have a Welsh translation for this?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)