Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - J 1.7.3 having issues installing the admin menu

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby sideside » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:12 pm

I am having issues installing the component portion of JEvents 2.0. I can install all the other modules, how come? I have tried the clean install and I can't get it to work and I think it's weird that I have to go to a different link to create my calendar, however when I try I still can't add it to my main menu. Any suggestions or maybe there is something I am not doing right...
sideside
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:18 pm

Hello,

Are you saying you do not have access to the admin menu of Jevents from the Extenssions Menu in the Administrator Area?

If so please run:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10580
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sideside » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:35 pm

So I tried the clean up script and it failed. Maybe I am doing it wrong. Where in the backend do you run "http://www.yourdomain.com/cleanInstall.php?cleanup=1"? Why doesn't the Jevents show up in the components menu?
sideside
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 pm

You would login to the admin area then type that address you mentioned in the address bar.

When it failed what did it say??
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sideside » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:45 pm

This is the error that I got...

Must be logged in to backend of Joomla as a super root user to run this script

Thoughts?
sideside
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:49 pm

did you upload the script to the root of your installation? and are you a super user when logged in?

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sideside » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:53 pm

I am a Super User and I copied to cleanInstall.php file to my www folder which is where all of other files and folders are when I create a Joomla site. Do I need to copy to a different folder?
sideside
Gold Members

Postby Tonyp » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Can you logout and login again to both front and backend of Joomla and run the script immediately after.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby sideside » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:29 pm

Same error. I logged out of the backend and frontend then logged back into both. Then ran the script and I got this error..

Must be logged in to backend of Joomla as a super root user to run this script

Suggestions?
sideside
Gold Members

Postby sideside » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Tonyp, What is the next step?
sideside
Gold Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)