Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Date in Jevents

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby HeRiNo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Hello,

I use JEvents 2.0.11 in Joomla 1.5.25 on http://seniorenchat.eu My question is, when you have en event of more days, say from 20 till 24 Dec. 2011 it says in the text the correct date but there is also first a date that only says the first date so 20 Dec. but on 21 Dec it stays on 20 while in the mod_jevents_latest after midnight the date change in the next day. is it possible to also have this in JEVents ? I hope you understand my question and can help me.

Greetings, Herman.
HeRiNo

Postby Tonyp » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:57 pm

Hello Herman,

Are you asking that the event would show the event date of the day it is taking place? so for example, you have a multiday every starting on the 20th you select it to be shown on every day of the event so in the calendar and module it shows the event on each day. But when you go into the event on the 2nd, 3rd etc day it shows that day not the actual date the event started?

Thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby HeRiNo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Hi Tonyp.
Thanks for your quick reply
yes, thats what I mean...when you open events it shows start and end date but before you open on the left site it only shows the start date and it stays the same every day.

Greetings, Herman
HeRiNo

Postby Tonyp » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Ahh ok, this could be a little complicated because it is designed to show the event start date as it could get confusing for people viewing on the day of the event.

If you can wait till Monday I will ask Geraint and see if there is a possible solution.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby HeRiNo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Sure I can wait till Monday. Its like mod_jevents_latest.....in there every day the date changes , Like now on my website, some events are from 9 till 11 Dec. in mod_jevents-latest the date now says 10, yesterday 9 and after midnight itt will be 11 Dec. Thats what I would like in JEevnts it self too. I hope you get me now? Thanks a lot and I will wait as long as it takes.

Greetings, Herman.
HeRiNo

Postby Geraint » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:16 am

In latest events module there are 2 date fields ${eventDate} and ${startDate}.

The startDate is fixed and it the start of the multi-day event but the eventDate is the day on which you are looking.

Unfortunately its not possible to show the eventDate in the main calendar views.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby HeRiNo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 am

Thats to bad. But thank you verry much for the quick help.

Greetings, Herman.
HeRiNo

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)