Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Leaving Categories out of a displayed Calendar

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby soshannessy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:02 am

Hi,

First off great component. Truly brilliant, probably buy it when I get paid.

I have been tasked with building what is basically, a collection of single (or multiple) page sites, on a community website. The plan is to have a community calendar (of all events). I have set up the calendar with about 40 categories, (1 per group) this is the best strategy I have found.

I have managed to get all the events to display in a single calendar by not selecting any category. Problem is I need to leave out about 10 or 12 of these categories (privacy reasons), and there is no way to do this that I can see.

I wouldn't care if I had to add all 30 categories or leave the dozen out. I am willing to edit/hack the component if necessary (but my coding skills are minimal).

If this isn't feasible I will look into other ways to hide the "private" content.
soshannessy

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:42 am

'private' = logged in users? If so make the access level on these categories 'registered'

Otherwise you can modify the code to allow you to select all the categories you want by chaning the administrator/components/com_jevents/config.xml file in Joomla 1.5

As a silver club member you could use a separate ical calendar for the private evets in the backend and restrict the menu items to specified calendar(s).
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby soshannessy » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Geraint,

SOLVED: Thanks for the reply, and for indicating which file to edit. The small edit to the .xml file solved my issue with the constraints issue.

Thanks.
soshannessy

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)