Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

JE sync with Google calendar?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby schlepp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:46 am

Hi,
I apologize for my English but I speak Italian..

JE is able to synchronize with google calendar and vice versa?

In my site I post events and would like to see them even on google calendar.
I would like to be able to do the same thing if I enter events into google, see them in JE ..!

Thanks
Claudio

JE2.0
Joomla 1.5.25
schlepp

Postby carcam » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Claudio,
this can be done using a cron job and the import and export calendars functionality of JEvents. There is a document for club members that explain in detail how to import the google Calendar calendars into JEvents automatically:

http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... -calendars
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby schlepp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:28 am

Hi Carcam,

Thanks very much, but unfortunately I can not see the post ... I'm not a member club :(

Thanks
Claudio
schlepp

Postby schlepp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:27 am

Hi, now I'm JE Club..!!

I've used Cron Jobs, as indicated in the guide and more or less works, but
I have a problem, when does the syncro, JE creates a category with this name:
http://schemas.google.com/g/2005#event :oops:

and each event included in that category, unfortunately I always have to delete and edit categories at all events.

What can I do to solve this problem? I do not know what to do..

Thanks
Claudio
schlepp

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:05 am

You can tell the calendar (in Jevents) to ignore embedded categories (i.e. the category names in the google export file) - this will put all the events in the single category that you specify in Jevents.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby schlepp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 am

Hi Geraint,

Ok, but if I do that I can no longer assign the iCal calendar.

see image:

I do not see and I do not Doppialinea shows the category, the category I use for cron jobs. And this in "SELECT_ICAL"

Thanks
Claudio
schlepp

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:23 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by
I do not see and I do not Doppialinea shows the category, the category I use for cron jobs. And this in "SELECT_ICAL"

Can you explain in more detail?

thanks
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby schlepp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi,

Doppialinea is the name that is assigned Cron Jobs and I are shown in the Calendar of JEvents.
A "Doppialinea" is combined with the url of cron jobs, and you can see by clicking the URL in JEvents.

See images:

Now since I put "ignore embedded categories," calendar "Doppialinea" is not shown as I create an event. In this way, I see the event created in the site but have not received it in google calendar.

I hope I explained myself correctly.
I also asked for help at the site of the cron jobs and they told me that I have to ask because they JEwents everything is working correctly.

Thanks
Claudio
schlepp

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:30 am

Can you give me the source URL of the calender (you can send it via PM for privacy) and I'll test it.

Which version of JEvents do you have and which version of Joomla?
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)