Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Problem with creating Events and Admin-Access

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Thyariol » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi,

I'm working on a new website and i try to run jevents on it (Joomla 1.7). Everything works fine.

Now, i want another user to create an event. But that doesn't work.

The Administration of the Site is only reachable as "localhost", and the connection to "localhost" can only be done through a SSH-Tunnel (through a special program, called PUTTY). It seems, that creating an event requires some kind of access to the site-administration.

Is that right? Is there any solution for it, so users can create events without having access to the administration of the site?

(Sorry for my bad english.)

Greetings
Thya
Last edited by Thyariol on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thyariol

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:32 pm

Hello Thya,

You can create a front end menu item to Create Events.

Now the easiest option for managing people who can create events is to Enable the Authorised User Mode, and add the users you want to create Events to the Authorised Users.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Thyariol » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:45 pm

Thank you for your answer.

The Create Events is already a front end menu item.

I found the following code:

: <script src="/administrator/components/com_jevents/assets/js/editical.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

and

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/administrator/components/com_jevents/assets/css/eventsadmin16.css" type="text/css" />

It always requires access to the administration area.
Thyariol

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:05 pm

The files their self require access to administration folder. Not to the Administration Area.

Also, Joomla language files are also pulled from the Administration Area for Jevents and Certain plugins/components because of the way Joomla works.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Thyariol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 am

Why isn't it possible to make creating events like submitting an article in joomla? Articles can be submitted without access to the admins folder.
Thyariol

Postby carcam » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:56 am

The user does not need the access to the administrator area, but to the files in that folder.

This is by design and I guess that it's to avoid duplicating code as Event submission is much complicated than article submission.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:38 am

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)