Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Images in Jevents

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby morfeu » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Hi, I have included a form to upload my web activities, besides the verificaré to see that things do not hang about.

But I wonder if I can include a button to upload an image and that image comes out in a specific part of the event that I can set by editing the template to show the event. I have Jevents 2.0, thank you.
morfeu
Contributor

Postby Tonyp » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:40 pm

Hello Morfeu,

This is indeed possible with our Standard Image Uploads plugin, available to Silver Club Members.

This plugin allows you to upload an image when editing the event. You can then defined where the image or thumbnail image is displayed within the Jevents Detail Layout.

You can also include the thumbnail Image within the Event List Row and Latest Events Module.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:37 am

JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby chrisdavies71 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi,

I have created a template override for my event detail as it needed to be a bit more complex that the wysiwyg editor would allow.

What code should i be using to get the image in the PHP file?

Cheers

CHRIS
chrisdavies71
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:12 pm

For most of the plugins if you view the plugin source and go to the bottom you'll see a method "substitutefield" - this will show you the logic of how the template layout does the replacement and what fields are available and checks you may want to apply before accessing field values.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby morfeu » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello again,

thank you for your answers, talk with my partner and we will make a subscription to get the silver JEvents module has the function to upload images. I suppose that may also appear on the display for visitors to the page, right?

My install JEvents is Catalan, my language, suppose you install that plug-in will have the same language that the installation, right?

Moreover, and as we are, I know I have the possibility to change the names of the form to post events, for example on "Category" to something else, etc ...

Thank you and congratulations for your work!
morfeu
Contributor

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:34 pm

Hello,

Glad to hear :), i'm sure you will not be disappointed :D

You are correct the images are visible to anyone allowed to View the event.

Yes the language should be fine with the plugin, however should you have any issues just ask. We can always guide you on how to provide a language string over ride, like the category etc.

Thank you!
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby carcam » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:23 am

Hi morfeu,
currently we do not have a Catalonian package for the Addons, and the main component translation that we provide hat not been updated since JEvents 1.5.3 at least, as we do not have an official Catalonian translator.

Anyway, please check your PM.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:44 am

Ohh sorry,

I checked last night and thought I saw a calonian v2.0 translation package.

Regards
Tony

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby morfeu » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:39 pm

Thank you, looks to me as the subject of subcripció, thanks for your work.
morfeu
Contributor

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)