Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Maybe I'm missing something....but....

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Piglet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Jevents 2.0 on a Joomla site to try and replace a Google Calendar link/iframe. It looks very nice - however I can't see option to:

1) On monthly view show events on the first few days of the next month, the days are shown - but empty. I'd be happy either not to show them or to show them with their events. Where, for example the last day of the current month is Monday it appears that there are no events for the rest of the week...which is misleading.

2) On the weekly view, I cannot see any way of turning on "prev week" and "next week" buttons to jump forward.

3) I can't see any way of selecting a date and then switching to Week view for that week.

These things seem such obvious features I find it hard to believe they're not present considering the current level of complexity in the code. I must be missing something...
Piglet

Postby Piglet » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:23 pm

1) Had a little potter with this at lunchtime, and "fixed" point 1 with the follwing little changes. It would be nice to have this as an option as I doubt anyone would want it working as it does at the moment when they get to the last week of the month.

3) There's a week link att he left of each week. That'll do

calendar_body.php
==================

Move line 'case "following":' to after line 'case "current":'

datamodel.php
==============

Copied the "Current month" processing from lines 251 to 314 in place of the block within for( $d = 1; $d <= $days; $d++ ) {} at line 328, changing all $month to $followMonth, $year to $followYear and setting '$data["dates"][$dayCount]["monthType"]="following";'
Piglet

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)