Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

PST/EST Shown Next to an Event's Time

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby mov2046 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Does anyone know if timezone text PST/EST can be added to the event details page and Latest Events whenever the event's time is shown? I am using JEvents 2.0 on Joomla 1.7x. I'd like users to see whether or not an event is held at EST or PST. Or, do I have to upgrade to get this feature. Many thanks.
mov2046

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:51 pm

Hello,

In the Jevents configuration under the component tab, go to the bottom and timezone for the site is defined there.

Thanks
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mov2046 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:04 pm

I'd like to be able to show either "EST" or "PST" or "CST" next to the event's time. Below is an example. The red PST is what I'd like to show--the timezone text for the event.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 03:30pm - 04:30pm PST
Details of the event ....

Setting the timezone under Component tab didn't display the timezone text for the event. Thanks.
mov2046

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Where is it you would like to see this, the latest events module? list events? within the Events?

I think this might need some customising, which is available to club members.

Geraint will be able to provide a better picture Tomorrow.

Thanks
tony
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mov2046 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'd like to show the timezone text on the Latest Events module and List by Category. If Geraint could shed some light on this issue, that'd be great. I'd just do the club membership upgrade.
mov2046

Postby Geraint » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:54 am

I'd like to be able to show either "EST" or "PST" or "CST" next to the event's time

Is this the same for all events or specific to each event. If its specific to an event how did you intend to specify it?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Tonyp » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:10 am

I was thinking about this...

I think you could possible use the Custom Fields plugin and manually add the Zone when creating the event?

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby mov2046 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:39 am

Is this the same for all events or specific to each event.

Yes, this is the same for all events. When a user adds an event using the front end editor, there would be a radio button option menu with PST, EDT, CST as options for the user to select from.
mov2046

Postby Tonyp » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello,

The Custom Fields plugin sounds like just what you are after in that case. Available to Silver Members here:

http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... or-jevents

It would require a little bit of configuring through code. But sample files are provided and you can get what you need from them.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby aodishoo » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Hello,

I am a new member to your product. Thank you, it is a very good product. I would like to know how to add timezone (PST, CST, EST, etc...) to an event time. I uploaded the custom field plug in but not sure what to do from here. Can you please advise. I can either have all timezones show the same as entered into the configuration, or for each event choose a specific timezone. I can use either option.

thank you.
aodishoo
Gold Members

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)