Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Only two categories functional?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby sandvelder » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 am

Hi
I am using your JEvents 2.0.10. I am on Joomla 1.7, and I create my own Artisteer templates.
I love your events calender component, it seems great so far. I ignored the DEFAULT category, and created three of my own: "Meetings", "Outreach" & "TV Schedule". The first two work perfectly, but the last one is unavailable on the front-end, albeit published on the back-end.
I have unpublished your DEFAULT category in case there was a number limit on the categories, but it also did not work.
Am I doing something wrong here?
CaptureJEvents1.JPG
My categories - only two are displayed on the front-end
CaptureJEvents1.JPG (78.02 KiB) Viewed 678 times

CaptureJEvents2.JPG
On Thursdays a blue line should indicate the TV Schedules
CaptureJEvents2.JPG (76.32 KiB) Viewed 678 times

CaptureJEvents1.JPG
My categories - only two are displayed on the front-end
CaptureJEvents1.JPG (78.02 KiB) Viewed 678 times

Thank you & Regards
Francois Barnard
Attachments
CaptureJEvents3.JPG
The back-end shows the blue event (TV) captured correctly
CaptureJEvents3.JPG (70.06 KiB) Viewed 678 times
sandvelder

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:01 pm

For your frontend menu item did you restrict this to specific categories?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sandvelder » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Geraint
Geraint wrote:For your frontend menu item did you restrict this to specific categories?

No, not as far as I know. I only started using this component yesterday, and created all three categories the same. But the third (coloured blue)is some inactive. I have been through it from all sides, and cannot see anything wrong. I even tried rebuilding the database, which worked for another component, but not JEvents.
sandvelder

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:36 pm

I presume you created a menu item for JEvents - what parameters did you set for this?

Does this new category have any events in it?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sandvelder » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:39 pm

Hi Geraint
You are right, it was my parameters which were only restricted to two, and not all three categories. Thank you, a typical ID-10-T problem on my side! :D
sandvelder

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)