Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Errors editing events - Text gone from MCE or HTML views

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby FrankCastleAZ » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:01 pm

Hello.

Great mod so far. I've edited the template quite a bit to fit my site's style as well.

Joomla - 1.7.0
Jevents - 2.0.9
Site - azhpgamingDOTcom
(currently not live to public so user/pass required)
user - testing123
pass - takealook

EDITING EVENTS-
I can create events entering whatever text I like and save it and it will display properly on the event pages.
If I try to edit the event page (via front end or admin) the existing text in standard or HTML mode dissappears. For testing purposes, I tried several times to save the document after opening to edit and each time I would be left with a hacked down piece of text from the first HTML line (which was a photo) displaying as text because the HTML wasn't fully open or closed anymore.
Code: Select all
img src="http://www.arizonahp.org/banners/taiyouconlogo.png" border="

It might have something to do with the way my TinyMCE is configured but any help dissolving the issue is appreciated as I go live with the site soon and want to have all the kinks worked out.

Thanks in advance.

-FrankCastleAZ
FrankCastleAZ

Postby carcam » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:48 pm

Did you try with no-editor or with another editor?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby FrankCastleAZ » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I just tried with no editor at all disabling "CodeMirror" and "TinyMCE" and I'm still getting the same issue.

The issue doesn't happen in a standard article when editing but only happens in a JEvents article.
FrankCastleAZ

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:04 am

Does the problem happen in the backend as well as the frontend?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby FrankCastleAZ » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Geraint wrote:Does the problem happen in the backend as well as the frontend?

Yes
FrankCastleAZ

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Then the problem is either your wysiwyg editor code, your webbrowser or I guess its possible that you have a plugin on your site that is messing up the javascript.

when you say you tried it with no editor - you disabled the editor in your user profile and then logged out and back in again before trying? Simply toggling the HTML would not be enough.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)