Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Using Latest JEvents Module to Display New Events

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby gotton » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:04 pm

I have installed mod_jevents_latest for a Joomla 1.7.2 website and selected 5(Most recently created events) under Basic Options/Display Mode.

It now displays the most recently created events on the Front Page but displays the date the event was created and not the date on which the event will take place. This is not very useful or informative to visitors to the site.

Is there a way to have this module display the date the event takes place for these recently created events instead of the date it was created.

George Otton
gotton

Postby Tonyp » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:07 pm

Hello,

Yes Using the Latest Events module, if you change the string to some thing like:

Code: Select all
${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}]<br />${title}

That will show the events Date and on a new line the events title.

this belongs in the Custom Format String, in either the module or jevents component depending on wether you have selected "Use settings below" or "Use component Settings" within the module.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gotton » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Works great. Thanks Tony.
gotton

Postby gotton » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:57 pm

My problem (above) was solved until my service provider upgraded to Joomla! 2.5.3 and JEvents v 2.1.14.

Now it back to showing the date that the new event was posted, not the date of the event.
gotton

Postby carcam » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Can you please check the custom format string again and if the configuration is being applied? (if you are editing the custom format string in the module, be sure that the "Use settings below" is enabled, if you are editing the custom format string in the component, set that parameter to "No")
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby gotton » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I checked the custom format string and it is as directed below.

The module has been set for "Use settings below". It displays the most recently created events with the most recent first (as I want) but the date is the created date and not the event date.

If I change the module to "Use component settings", the most recently created events with the event date, not the created date (as I want) but it displays every day of multiple day events and I don't see a way to prevent this in the JEvents component manager.

I am using another copy of the same module set to "Use settings below" and "Nearest events" under Display Mode and that displays the created date,
gotton

Postby carcam » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:14 am

Does the component and the module has the same Custom Format String? Because the Custom Format String is the key.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby gotton » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:38 pm

The same custom format string:

${eventDate}[!a: - ${endDate(%I:%M%p)}] <br/>${title}

is entered in three places:
- the JEvents component
- a Latest Events module - set to Use Settings Below and Display Mode 2: Nearest Events
- an additional Latest Events module renamed New on the Calendar set to Display Mode 5: Most Recently Created Events

If the New on the Calendar module is set to Use Settings Below it displays the created date not the Event Date.

If the New on the Calendar module is set to Use Components Setting, the Event Date is displayed, as desired, but multiple day events are shown multiple times.
gotton

Postby Tonyp » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Basically, copy the code from the component and paste it into the module you are using setting below it.

That will then make it use the settings below and show like the use component settings.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby gotton » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:20 pm

I have the same code in component and modules (one Nearest Events and one Recently Created Events) but the Recently Created Events module display the created date for events not the desired event date.
gotton

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)