Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - Back-End Problems after upgrading to 2.04

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby jppaul » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:52 pm

JEvents 2.0.0 was running fine on my Joomla 1.5.23. I upgraded to 2.0.4 and started getting the following errrors:

1. Wouldn't let me create a calendar.

2. When I go to add or edit a category in the Joomla back-end, it pops into an all white screen, unformatted, with no method of saving the category.

I've since deleted everything, including all the JEvents database info, but I suspect there is still some JEvents info somewhere because when I reinstall and go to add a calendar, there are two defaults showing. And rather than a save new calendar button, it wants me to set up an iCal calendar ?????

I've uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times, same results with the zip and the tar and the upload to /tmp methods. It's not a server issue since Jevents 2.0.0 was working fine a couple of hours ago. Even tried to go back to JEvents 2.0.0, but no luck there either.

How can I totally erase every remnant of Jevents so I can get a fresh start ? (I love the program and am going to become a silver member as soon as I'm assured that I can get this back up and running.)

I attached a jpg of what I'm now seeing on the back end.

Cheers
JP
Attachments
Jevents-backend.jpg
Jevents-backend.jpg (41.79 KiB) Viewed 841 times
jppaul

Postby Tonyp » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi JP,

Can you install Jevents 2.0.6 and let us take a peak? so we can see what is causing the errors?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby jppaul » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Many thanks TonyP. I figured it out. It was something totally unrelated. I had disabled an attachment plugin and it was throwing a PHP error when the editor came up for the new category description. Turned it back on and all is fine.

On an unrelated issue, I'm unable to change the color of the tooltip event popup background from the yellow to a more preferable light gray color for our site. The problem is that I must use Overlib rather than Joomla tooltip since the site has tons of extensions that can't be removed. I've read all the threads in the forum, but most relate to changing the Joomla Tooltip background color rather than Overlib.

I know it's not a JEvents issue, but is there anyway to change that one color in the overlib tooltip without having to spend two days trying to figure out what extension is throwing a jquery conflict?

Cheers
JP
jppaul

Postby carcam » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:12 am

I am afraid the overlib styles are hard coded in the component. You may create a template overrides and change its values.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)