Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

SOLVED - display Event Detail view inside an article

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby webcomil » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am

I love your component, happy with it, thank you!

my customer would like to have the ability to display a full detailed event view inside an article.

i saw the video regards using the agenda plugin, but what it does is linking between article and event. and it is not what we need.
the issue is to have an event viewing inside an article category blog view, so having it loaded into the article would be just fine.

i have found recommendation using the latest event module for loading it into article, but we need to have a specific event loaded into the article and couldn't understand how can it be done with that module?

any hint or assistance would be appreciated
webcomil

Postby carcam » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

The article events linkage plugin can help you to create a link to the event and even to redirect the user to the event. Will that suits your needs?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby webcomil » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 pm

thank you for your quick response

actually no, it doesn't suite our needs, we need it to be fully embed inside an article, like having it warped in to the article and not as a link.

worse case scenario we might consider using the redirect but it does not apply to our needs
webcomil

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:08 pm

What about a link to the event that opens in a modal/popup window?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby EKMAggy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:00 am

Hello,

I have the same problem.
Where can I find the "article events linkage plugin"?

Is the "Content - JEvent Embed" the plugin you mean? I don't know how to customize the {jevent=808110|_self|0}?
I want to show all events of a category inside an article (content).

Thanke you for your help.

Maggy
EKMAggy
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:20 pm

The plugin is here http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... icle-links

The best way to load the events from a category in an article is to the use the Joomla loadposition content plugin and show a latest events module from a position and set the category restiction in the module
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby webcomil » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:34 pm

avantualy i loaded an article into an event detail view using one of the embed component at JED.

the one that worked for me was the "Include Content Item" at: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/content-embed/4809.

hope it would help someone....
webcomil

Postby infosys » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:16 am

Geraint wrote:The plugin is here http://www.jevents.net/en/downloads/cat ... icle-links

The best way to load the events from a category in an article is to the use the Joomla loadposition content plugin and show a latest events module from a position and set the category restiction in the module

Hi Geraint,

I am looking for a way to display events from a particular categories but the latest modules seems to only display dates and the event title only. I want to display the event details as well and control how much characters to display and when the title is clicked it takes them to the full event details. Is this possible?

Currently, we are using JCalpro but I am moving over to JEvents because of JEvent's features that I don't think JCalpro will never have. I am trying to mimic JCalpro's content plugin that pulls all events from a calendar and list them http://www.thejoomlacalendar.com/Plugins-Modules/latest-events-plugin-sports-events.html

Is this something easy to create as a plugin? Can you point me to the closest possible plugin that I can highjack and turn into what I'm trying to do.

Thank you!
infosys
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:20 am

The easiest way to do this is to create a custom latest events module (you can customise the layout using the custom format string - see http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... nts-module) and control which events are displayed e.g. by category, date range, and a myriad of other options.

Then place this new module in am invisible module position on your site - i.e. make one up e.g. article753

Then use the the Joomla content plugin {loadposition article753}

There are also club addons for listing events created by a user etc. within an event description. These plugins could easily be modified to support listing events by category if that is what you are looking for.

If you want to discuss this further can you start a discussion in the silver member forum with more detail of how you would want to define the list of events within your article.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby rbunnage » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:25 pm

Does one of the JEvents levels, Silver or higher, support embedding Event Details into Featured Articles? I need to know if this is supported and at which level. Also, if this can be done, can we identify the specific steps to enable this functionality (i.e. posting event details to a featured article).
rbunnage

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)