Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Events in main page

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby jhaxey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi ,
I have just installed jevents 2.0 in my joomla 1.7 site , i could post events but i wonder if the events can be displayed in main page as an article

Thanks
jhaxey

Postby Geraint » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:38 pm

You can make a JEvents menu item the frontpage menu item.

Or do you want to create a link from an article to a specific event?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jhaxey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:50 pm

I just want that the events appears in main page as articles does

testbat.salsea.me/joomla/

rss doesnt work either .. :(
jhaxey

Postby carcam » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Do you want to show them by week or in a date range? If so, you may just create the JEvents type of menu that suits your needs and make it the default for your site.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:34 pm

I have done this for my site :).

You need to decide how many / date range.. then just create a new menu item select default and change the settings to suit your needs :). then www.yourwebsite.com will look that link by default.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby jhaxey » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks tony

if i put the jevents item menu its just display in main page the events

My question is , if there is any way that the jevents publish the events as an article , to show it in main page with the other articles i made

thanks again
jhaxey

Postby carcam » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 am

The most similar behaviour I can think of is to use the Article/Event lingage content plugin available for silver members that allows to display a hyperlink in the article linked to the JEvent and alternatively redirects user to JEvent details.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:54 pm

you could see if a plugin exists to allow you to pull jevents rss feed and turn them into articles...
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby pinknoiz » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:21 am

carcam wrote:The most similar behaviour I can think of is to use the Article/Event lingage content plugin available for silver members that allows to display a hyperlink in the article linked to the JEvent and alternatively redirects user to JEvent details.

I can't figure out where to set that - I want the list view to go directly to the linked article, not to an intermediate hyperlink. Thanks for any advice.
pinknoiz
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:11 am

In the agendaminutes plugin there is a config option "Redirect to agenda article?" if you set this to yes and then assign an agenda article to your event then when you click on an event detail link you'll get auto redirected to the agenda article instead of the event detail page.

I think that is what you need?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)