Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Error in German language Files?

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby sonnenlanze » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:12 am

Hi There,

I've just downloaded and installed JEvents 2.0.1 (Free version). I've then installed the Language File Compatability Plugin and last the german language files for Joomla 1.5 (because I'm using 1.5.23).

Unfortunately I'm still getting errors - like in the Dropdown "Unveröffentlichte Events anzeigen" it sais "Alle";
Yes
No

How do I fix these errors? Or will there be a fixed language file anytime soon?

Thanks in advance,
Vanessa
sonnenlanze

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:35 pm

Joomla 1.6 changed the handling of language files completely and some of the old translations e.g. translations of yes or no were no longer possible.

It appears that a couple are still outstanding - I'll fix them in version 2.0.2. In the meantime change line 28 of components/com_jevents/libraries/filters/Published.php and line 29 of components/com_jevents/libraries/filters/Justmine.php

in both cases replace "Yes" with "JEV_YES" and "No" with "JEV_NO" then it should pick up the translation

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sonnenlanze » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:23 am

Hi Geraint,

thank you for the help, that worked great :)
The last thing ist the label
"Alle";

(including the quotation marks and the semicolon) - and I now saw that the link "Import iCal Event(s)" is also in english - though it's not that different from german so I think everyone will understand it.

If you want to have a look:
http://www.vfd-rheinhessen.de/index.php ... &Itemid=53
sonnenlanze

Postby sonnenlanze » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:02 am

OK, I've found the "Alle"; Error. It was in the file de-DE.com_jevents.ini -> only remove the ; in line 303!

And I've also corrected a spelling Error ("Zurücksetzen" instead of "Zurücksetzten" in line 218).

Still one to go:
"Import iCAL Event(s)" is still english.
sonnenlanze

Postby carcam » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:01 am

Thank you!!
I take note of your changes and I'll try to upgrade the package this weekend.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)