Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Very Strange! JEvents not listed under Components

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby LukeDouglas » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 am

I have installed the JEvents v2.01 on a Joomla 1.7 installation and for some reason, it is not listed under Components at all. I uninstalled it and re-installed it. No luck. Without the component, how can you add/edit/delete events? :)
LukeDouglas

Postby carcam » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:18 am

Can you still access the url of the component:

http://yoursite.com/administrator/index ... om_jevents

?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:57 am

Did you get any error messages?

If it really is not there it sounds like a permission issue on the server, therefore not allowing the files to be copied..
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby LukeDouglas » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:33 pm

carcam wrote:Can you still access the url of the component:

http://yoursite.com/administrator/index ... om_jevents

?

Tonyp: I doubt it is a permissions issue. Why? See next comment.

Carcam: Yes, it does pull up the JEvents component and everything works. It's just not listed in the navigation under Components. :?
LukeDouglas

Postby Tonyp » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 pm

Try enabling Joomla's Debug mode, and see is it outputs any errors? if not, try reinstalling the component and again see if there are any errors.

Also make sure your Cache is cleared, just in case.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby LukeDouglas » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Tonyp wrote:Try enabling Joomla's Debug mode, and see is it outputs any errors? if not, try reinstalling the component and again see if there are any errors.

Also make sure your Cache is cleared, just in case.

Cleared and purged cache. Cleared browser cache. No luck. Tried a different browser. No luck.

Uninstalled JEvents component, again, and got 'Could not delete the administrator menus.' but 'Uninstalling component was successful.'. On reinstalling, I got a quick page saying something like 'error building menus' and 'installation successful' but, as you know, that installation screen is quickly replaced by the JEvents Configuration page.

The http://WEBSITEURL/trans/jupgrade/admini ... arams.edit does load up the JEvents component just fine and it seems everything works. It's just not in the Component menu drop-down.

Is there a way to 'manually' add it to the Component menu?
LukeDouglas

Postby carcam » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:21 am

I am not acquainted yet with Joomla! 1.7 database, but can you please try to find the JEvents entry in the database?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:20 am

did you see the notes here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10580&start=0 ?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby LukeDouglas » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:57 pm

Geraint wrote:did you see the notes here viewtopic.php?f=28&t=10580&start=0 ?

Geraint, that got the JEvents back on the menu. Thanks.

FYI, in your instructions, you have "http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleaninstall.php" whereas the zipped file is 'cleanInstall.php'. You need to change the filename to 'cleaninstall.php' or change your instructions to "http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/cleanInstall.php"

Now I have two problems. First, if I go to events, and select 'All Categories', it keeps going to the one category 'Home' and will not stay on 'All Categories'. If I physically look at the database table, there are events in that table. However, they are NOT appearing in the JEvents Events list. Is there anyway to recover from this or do I need to empty the table and re-enter from the JEvents Events page? I do have a complete SQL backup so I have the information but there are quite a few events.

I don't know if this might be causing the problem but for some reason there were no categories in the SQL backup file or the JEvents Category list. I entered a single category 'Home' just to see if it might be a linkage problem. Could this be causing the problem with the event records not displaying on the JEvents Events list?
LukeDouglas

Postby Geraint » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:25 am

Can you check your list of categories and calendars - are they all public and enabled?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)