Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

Jevents RSS Joomla 1.7

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby Vladar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:12 pm

When I click on the RSS link I get the blank page with this url:

mysite.com/sr/?option=com_jevents&task=modlatest.rss&format=feed&type=atom&Itemid=209&modid=0

There was a problem with Joomla RSS Syndicate module which I fixed using this method: http://docs.joomla.org/1.7.0_Syndication_module_broken

Now RSS for front page articles in Joomla works but for Jevents I still get the blank page.
Vladar

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am

modid should not be 0 it should match the module id of the module where you are clicking the link.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Vladar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Geraint wrote:modid should not be 0 it should match the module id of the module where you are clicking the link.

The ID of my RSS module is 36. How can i fix this? I have tried to just replace the modid=0 with modid=36 in the url but still there is the blank page.
Vladar

Postby Geraint » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:02 pm

for a blank page you should enable maximum error in Joomla config
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Vladar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Geraint wrote:for a blank page you should enable maximum error in Joomla config

So, i enabled maximum config and this is what i get now:

Code: Select all
Warning: require_once(/home/user/public_html/modules/mod_jevents_latest/tmpl/alternative/latest.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/user/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/modlatest/view.feed.php on line 109

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/user/public_html/modules/mod_jevents_latest/tmpl/alternative/latest.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/user/public_html/components/com_jevents/views/modlatest/view.feed.php on line 109
Vladar

Postby Geraint » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:01 am

You meed to install the latest events module - no need to enable it though
Geraint

Postby Vladar » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:24 pm

Geraint wrote:You meed to install the latest events module - no need to enable it though

I installed the latest events module and the RSS works now, thank you very much for your help.
Vladar

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)