Jevents 2.x (Free Access)

iCal Export and Notification Questions

Discuss JEvents 2.x for Joomla 1.5-2.5 here - club members can use the special club forum for faster response times.
Forum rules
When requesting support please follow these steps:

1. Update all JEvents add on's first, via the Joomla! Updater
2. Copy and Paste the JEvents Support Information from the JEvents Control Panel.
3. If you get a 500 error OR white page, enable Maximum Error Reporting in Joomla! Global Config and visit the page again, this should give you a more detailed error and help us provide a prompt response.

Postby jackibar » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:02 pm

I'm running on Joomla 1.7 and have installed the latest Jevents download. For some reason, I am unable to open the iCal export files in my calendar. I get the following error:

"iCal can't read this calendar file. No events have been added to your iCal calendar."

Can you help me get this working?!

Also, I have checked "Yes" for:

Send notification emails for all events

However, no emails are being sent to the registered users. I do, however, receive the administrator notices whenever adding a new event or modifying an event. Is the fact I'm using Community Builder the problem of users not receiving emails? How do I fix this?

Thanks so much for such a wonderful Calendar component!
jackibar

Postby carcam » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Silly question, do you have any events in the calendar that you are trying to export?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby jackibar » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 pm

carcam wrote:Silly question, do you have any events in the calendar that you are trying to export?

Yes, I have 3 events...! It goes through the process of "Exporting" - asking me where to save the exported file, saving it to my computer and *looks* like an iCal file. Just when I click to open it, I get that error.
jackibar

Postby Geraint » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Open the file in a text editor as opposed to your calendar software - what is in it?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jackibar » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Here's the contents of the file:

<script type="text/javascript" src="plugins/content/scripturelinks/scripturelinks/wz_tooltip/wz_tooltip.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="plugins/content/scripturelinks/scripturelinks/wz_tooltip/tip_balloon.js"></script>
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
VERSION:2.0
PRODID:-//jEvents 2.0 for Joomla//EN
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
BEGIN:VEVENT
UID:4b844ddd62acaa0f939556d42368ee0e
CATEGORIES:Choir
SUMMARY:Choir Singing!
DESCRIPTION:Psalm 150Colors:  Black, Solid Color

\n

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

DTSTAMP:20110909T185815Z
DTSTART:20110911T150000Z
SEQUENCE:0
TRANSP:OPAQUE
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
jackibar

Postby Geraint » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:10 pm

The first line tells me you have a problem content plugin that is misbehaving itself.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jackibar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:42 pm

THANK you! Okay, I've disabled that plugin and now the export works fine with a non-repeating entry. When I tried a repeating entry, however, I get this error:

No webpage was found for the web address: http://rptworship.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=46
jackibar

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 am

Your template developer forgot to include a component.php file in the template - this is a core template file that is required for all Joomla templates.

you should ask them to give you this file
Geraint

Postby jackibar » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:39 pm

Actually, I've developed this template myself :)

So I need to learn how to add a component.php file...!
jackibar

Postby jackibar » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Another question about exporting - is there a way to export a whole month at a time? Or can you only export each event one at a time?

Lastly for now, what about the notifications - ? Shouldn't each registered user be receiving email notifications when I create a new event? I have it enabled but only the admins are getting notices.
jackibar

Next

Return to Jevents 2.x (Free Access)