JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Latest events module and multi-day events

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby JohanH » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Thank you very much!

It works very well for the latest module, but came out not so good in the calendar view. I would like the multiday event to repeat (or span its duration) in the calendar but not in latest events...

Ex. - Latest events, used to show the next 5 events
(it would be ideal if the next 5 events, not the next 5 days that has events was shown here)
http://www.trelleborgsscoutkar.se/Slemmisarna

Ex. - Calendar
(Idealy this shows what happens on each day)
http://www.trelleborgsscoutkar.se/index ... 1&month=02

Is there a way to mod the latest events module to show multiday events only once... I've been trying to understand the code but as far as I can see this is handled in the DB-layer (and to be honest, the SQL queries and the tables is the DB was a bit above my skills)

Yours, Johan
JohanH

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:42 am

You will need a template override for the latest events module - see http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... jevents-15 for a general intro to template overrides.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby egrutz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Empy,

If I understand your request correctly, I found a solution, because I wanted to do the same thing.

You actually have to modify a file in the component. Because of this, I wasn't sure how to handle the template override, so I just modified the original file for now. Perhaps Geraint can offer advice on how to do this properly?

Here is what I did:

components/com_jevents/libraries/dbmodel.php

It all occurs in this function at line 328:
Code: Select all
/* Special version for Latest events module */
function listLatestIcalEvents($startdate,$enddate, $limit=10, $noRepeats=0){

Comment out line 409:
408 // We only show events on their first day if they are not to be shown on multiple days so also add this condition
409 //. "\n AND ((rpt.startrepeat >= '$t_datenowSQL' AND det.multiday=0) OR  det.multiday=1)"

Line 414:
413 // published state is now handled by filter
414 //. "\n AND rpt.startrepeat=(SELECT MIN(startrepeat) FROM #__jevents_repetition as rpt2 WHERE rpt2.eventid=rpt.eventid AND rpt2.startrepeat >= '$t_datenowSQL' AND rpt2.endrepeat <= '$enddate')"

Line 439:
438 // We only show events on their first day if they are not to be shown on multiple days so also add this condition
439 //. "\n AND ((rpt.startrepeat >= '$startdate' AND det.multiday=0) OR  det.multiday=1)"

And line 444:
443 // published state is now handled by filter
444 //. "\n AND rpt.startrepeat=(SELECT MAX(startrepeat) FROM #__jevents_repetition as rpt2 WHERE rpt2.eventid=rpt.eventid AND rpt2.startrepeat <= '$t_datenowSQL' AND rpt2.startrepeat >= '$startdate')"

I am using Mode 2, "show once" is set to yes, and "show every day" is set to yes on the event entry. Now it shows the multi-day event just once on the Latest Events Module, for the duration of the event. The actual dates that it shows will depend on your Custom Format String.

I'm not sure if I needed to modify both of these code groups, but I did and it worked for me and I left it. I suspect the code groups are related to Display Modes, but it was hard to tell exactly. The only way I found this was thanks to Geraint's comments in the code. A good lesson for all! :)
egrutz

Postby hotspotsmagazine » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Thank you - thank you, thank you & thank you!

I was going nuts thinking I set something wrong - why is the system not like this by default? If you are displaying the "latest" events, it would only sound logical, that by default, you do not hide the events that are not over yet, like the multi day events.

Thanks for the fix!

www.hotspotsmagazine.com
hotspotsmagazine

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 pm

I will add config options for:
1. treatment of multi day event that has already started
2. whether to show multi-day events on each day or just the first

This should be in JEvents 2.0
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kjrajvir » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Hello Egrutz,

I have done the changes mentioned here and commented all 4 lines but it is not showing to me multiple day event. Can you please help??

Do I need to override the template yet?

Regards,

kjraj
kjrajvir

Postby Berndle » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:19 am

Hi,

i am using Jevents 1.5.5e.

I want to display 3 different dates in the module jevents latest.

1. multiple-day (e.g. 12. September until 19. September)
2. whole day (e.g. 18. August)
3. specifi time on a day (e.g. 01. September 14:00)

It should look at the end like this

12.09 until 19.09
Workshop 1

Conference A

01.09 14:00
Meeting Group 1

How can I manage this?

Thanks for any help
Berndle

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:59 am

Geraint

Postby Berndle » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Thank you very much for the quick reply

Cheers,
Berndle
Berndle

Postby ottovdv » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:30 pm

Geraint, thanks for the new version of Jevents.
But you wrote in februari:

I will add config options for:
1. treatment of multi day event that has already started
2. whether to show multi-day events on each day or just the first

This should be in JEvents 2.0

I can't find it yet, though I installed 2.0.0. Did you forget?

Or should I still use the hack that is described here by egrutz?
ottovdv

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)