JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Variable width columns

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby shazaam » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:30 pm

Hello,

When I am viewing JEvents in month mode, the days of the week columns adjust to better display the contents. My users want instead to have the columns remain fixed width, no matter what the content. I have not been able to find the way to fix the column widths.

Can you tell me how to change JEvents to fix the column widths?

Thanks!

Bob
shazaam

Postby Geraint » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:04 am

Use CSS - the firebug addon for firefox is a perfect tool to find what style settings you need to set.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rathodr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:08 pm

Geraint,

this doesn't make sense. I am browsing these forums for over two weeks and the only advice seems to be to install the Firebug add on. I have done that, but my problem is not resolved. Perhaps I've found a bug?

Essentially, I have the style sheet width of the main calendar working for February. For all other months, the width varies in firefox and IE. When I view the calendar in Chrome or on Android, the width is consistent across all months. What do suppose the problem is?

:P
rathodr

Postby carcam » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 pm

This might be related to the styles of your template, so inspecting the site with firebug will help you to detect the problem and add the needed classes to solve it.

All best!!
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby rathodr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 am

It doesn't work. I've looked through the template css, the events css, etc. and I even used Diffuse Merge tool which compares two files. Remember that hen I click the next month arrow, March appears small in width, but February is the ONLY month that is appropriately wide. If the system uses one CSS file for all months, then why would one month be different? My template doesn't differnetiate a page based on the month, right?

Any other ideas? Willing to try just about anything at this point.
rathodr

Postby Tonyp » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:32 am

please provide a link for us to take a quick look, we will provide guidance.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby carcam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 am

Also changing your template to one of the Joomla! defaults will help you detect if the problem is related to your template.
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby rathodr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:52 pm

Here is the link. Please remember it is a production site:

http://www.hindujaintemple.org

click "Temple Calendar" on the left side.

I use Firefox in Ubuntu. However, I see the same results in IE on Windows Vista. Any assistance is appreciated!
rathodr

Postby rathodr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:32 pm

FYI, something interesting to note.

I also have a test site (test.hindujaintemple.org) that runs the same versions of Joomla and JEvents. However, the results are different - the test site actually works as expected.

In an act of desparation, I copied all the directories and files of the "views" directory under com_jevents from the test site to the production site. Unfortunately, the attempt didn't work. So, I don't believe the template is the issue since I can see it works on the test site (which, by the way, is an Akeeba recovery of the production site).
rathodr

Postby carcam » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:49 pm

It's very strange and I maintain it must be related to your template or other modules (like for instance the translation ones, that usually cause javascript issues).

The key is the nopad class of your css that it's not expanding properly on the months.

The default layout of JEvents has a fluid scheme so ti adapts to the 100% of the content.
carcam
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)