JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Creating new layout defaults and add/edit core JEvents field

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby mislam » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:59 pm

I was watching your video mentioned below and have a few questions:
http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... t-editing-

1. How can you create more layout defaults?
2. How can you add/edit core JEvents fields and create other categories.

I am new to Joomla and JEvents and using JEvents 1.5.4.
mislam

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:10 pm

The layout editor in 1.5.4 is used to customise the layout of the event detail page. In JEvents 1.5.5. you can also cusomised the layout of event list pages (e.g. year list).

Beyond this you can use template overrides to fully customise your layouts - see http://www.jevents.net/en/jevents-15-to ... jevents-15 for an intro. There are a lot more docs on this in the club member documentation area.

There is a custom fields addon available to silver members where you can create a lot of different field types and associate these with your events. You can then filter your menus/modules on these field values and use them in the jevents filter module.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Howitzer » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:56 am

Is it possible to create different layouts for different events or event categories? E.g. layout1 for virtual events and layout2 for physical events?
Thank you.
Howitzer

Postby Geraint » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:55 am

It is an idea I have been thinking about but have not yet had the chance to implement.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby sju10544 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Regarding to the last question if it is possible to use different "icalevent.list_row" layouts for example, I'd like to know, if there is a chance to do that in the meantime.

Would like to use two different event calendar (with different list layouts) in my homepage.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks and best regards

Jens
sju10544

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:19 pm

How would you distinguish between the 2 calendars? Are they different 'ical calendars' in the backend of JEvents? Or are they just different menu items?
Geraint

Postby sju10544 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:25 pm

Thanks Geraint for the response. Well, the idea is to have two different calendars in the backend, because the event themes are also different.
As I understand the component, it doesn't matter how much calendars I use. They have all the same (list-)layout. But I need one (different)layout for EACH calendar.
sju10544

Postby Geraint » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:51 pm

It may be possible but I suspect a menu item specific layout is more appealing to other users. Could you work with that as an option i.e. you choose the list layout applicable to your menu item?
Geraint

Postby sju10544 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:13 pm

Hmmm... maybe I don't understand it right, but when I add a new menu item and choose for example the type "list layout categories (icalevent.list_row)" (what I need two times with different calendars), the layout has always the same structure. So IMHO the software has to choose / decide between two different "list-layouts" instead of using one layout for all calendars. Hope this helps to clarifying.
sju10544

Postby Geraint » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:08 am

Can you upload a marked up screenshot or a mockup of what you are looking for - I think we may be at cross purposes.
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)