JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Community Builder/JomSocial Addons For Club Members

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:17 pm

The CB/JomSocial addons gives you a tab in the Profile page showing the events the user has created or is attending (if one of the JEvents attendance tracking addons is installed). This is the tab in a CB profile
JEventsTab.jpg
JEventsTab.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 7906 times

In addition is you use the "Specific Users" addon then, as well as being able to mark events as personally private you can mark events as private amongst :
  • Your JomSocial Friends, or
  • Specific JomSocial Groups, or
  • Your CB Connections, or
  • Your GroupJive Groups
CbPrivate.jpg
CbPrivate.jpg (14.88 KiB) Viewed 7906 times

It is also planned that you will be able to invite your Jomsocial friends/groupmembers or CB Connections/GroupJive groups to attend your events with a single click. This feature will be released soon.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby tidusx18 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Hi Geraint,

I'm sorry for posting in this forum, but I couldn't find any other place to post a pre-sales question or to at least send an email to.

I'm interested in using the JomSocial plugin, but have a couple of questions.

1) My website doesn't really allow iondividual user events to be created, but focuses on JomSocial Group events. Does your plugin work with JomSocial Groups? Just to be clear, when I say "Groups", I'm not referring to profile types or user groups. I mean the groups that users can create and manage as part of JomSocial.

2) If JomSocial groups aren't supported, then would I be able to pay for this to be developed? I'm working with a client that requires this functionality.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Daniel
tidusx18

Postby Geraint » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:42 am

It is possible to create events in Jevents that are displayed in the JomSocial Group profile pages and can be made private to group members. It does, however, take some careful configuration to get it working just right.

can you describe the functionality that you are looking for?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Mentor83 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Is it possible to make this plugin show attended events. Events that the user HAS attended?
Mentor83

Postby Tonyp » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Mentor,

It is possible to show the events the user is to attend, and are invited too but not yet have attended.

You can use the Specific User plugin to show Is/Has attended though.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:55 pm

What Tony means (in case its not clear) is that the specific user event plugin can be configured so that the CB/JomSocial plugin lists events the use HAS attended and/or the ones they intend to attend
Geraint

Postby Mentor83 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Geraint wrote:What Tony means (in case its not clear) is that the specific user event plugin can be configured so that the CB/JomSocial plugin lists events the use HAS attended and/or the ones they intend to attend

On my way in here to ask the exact question you just answered! Thanks :)
Mentor83

Postby Tonyp » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Sorry :(! Will try to be a bit more clear.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)