JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Category list View and year list view problem

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby gulffresh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:07 am

joomla 1.5.14
jevents 1.5.2

When I set my menu to display category list of events and I select a category when you view the page the category select box is there and sometimes the category list of events is displayed and sometimes not. Why is the category select box there and why does this view work sometimes and sometimes it does not.

Also if I don't specify a category because I want a full list to show why does a category description of the first event show above the list of events?

Now when I select year list view and don't select a category events are missing from the list.

all categories are published
all events are published
everything is set to public access

Now if I use external links for the menu items everything works as expected

On my install it just seems like the menu parameters for the category the settings give me sporadic results

Any guidance on what I should do as the external link is not a real solution.

John
gulffresh

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:59 am

menu parameters for the category the settings

What parameters have you set?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby gulffresh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am

I'm not sure I understand the question. The parameters that I have set are the category parameters for the menu item when I select a category list view as menu type or year list view.
thanks for the quick response
hope this helps

John
gulffresh

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:06 pm

What category parameters have you set and for which menu items.

It sounds as though you are flipping from one to another when you a viewing the site
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby gulffresh » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:03 pm

I have 3 categories
category A
category B
category C
I have 3 events
Event 1 is in category A
Event 2 is in category B
Event 3 is in category C
First menu item is Events which is a Year List of Events there are no categories selected in the parameters as I want to show all events for all categories (problem is events are missing on the list and all events and categories are published and set to public}
Second menu item is Category A which is a Category List of Events the category specified in the parameters is category A as I only want events from this category displayed. (problem is the select category box is displayed at the top of the list of events and sometimes the list of events displays and sometimes it does not. If it does not I have to use the select box for it to display. Why is there even a select box if I have chosen a specific category The select box only contains the category I selected in menu parameters. } all events and categories are published and set to public

thanks for the help
John
gulffresh

Postby Geraint » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:10 pm

change your menu 2 to a year list of events. There's no point having a category list menu type with only one category selected.
Geraint

Postby gulffresh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:27 pm

I here you on the category view but if I select more then one category on a category event list then the category description is displayed but only for the first event . no other category descriptions are displayed so to the user it looks like the events are for only the category description displayed.
John
gulffresh

Postby openglobal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:03 pm

You may be interested in the attached a zip file.

It contains a template override to make this work as you might expect. ie. if only one category is specified in the menu item, the category description is shown (and the category selector is not shown).

This is a bit of a hack but it seems to work fine with jEvents 2.0.11.
Attachments
com_jevents.zip
(4.43 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
openglobal
Silver Members

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)