JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

JEvents Event Detail - Open in different template?

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby dfreeburn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 pm

* PHP version: 5.2.5
* Joomla! version: 1.5.11
* JEvents version: 1.5.1
* Web Server software: Apache 2.2.11
* Server Operating system: Linux CentOS
* Database version: MySQL 5.1.30
* memory_limit from your phpinfo: 64M
* Web browser and version: IE7, FF3, FF:mac, Safari:mac

I have set up two templates on my site - one for content throughout the site (set as default template), and one specifically for the homepage. I am using mod_jevents_latest to show a list of upcoming events on my homepage. When I click on an event, though, I want the event details to show up in the content template, not the home page template. I have been able to do this for my other links, but I can't seem to get the JEvents links to open in any template other than the homepage template.

Any suggestions?
dfreeburn

Postby Geraint » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Create a menu item for JEvents
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dfreeburn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:14 pm

JEvents MVC
    Year List of Events
    Monthly Calendar
    Week List of Events
    Day List of Events
    Category List of Events
    Manage Events
    Create New Event

When I try to create a menu item for JEvents, these are my only options. Shouldn't there be an option for Event Detail?

The page URL for the event detail is: /component/option,com_jevents/Itemid,1/day,17/evid,5/month,07/task,icalrepeat.detail/uid,121...
The menu item link is index.php?option=com_jevents&task=year.listevents
There's no option which gives me option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail.

Thanks for your help.
dfreeburn

Postby Geraint » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:44 pm

no need for an event detail menu - its just that the module looks for a jevents menu item so that joomla knows which template to use and which modules to display
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby dfreeburn » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Works great! Thanks!
dfreeburn

Postby Geraint » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 pm

wow that was quick !
Geraint

Postby redheads55 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:59 am

the module looks for a jevents menu item so that joomla knows which template to use and which modules to display

I did this, and the calendar opens in the correct template like a dream when I click on the menu link. My calendar template removes the right-side column so the calendar can open up to full-width (otherwise it was just too narrow when there were many events listed).

But... When I try to post an item on the calendar it reverts back to the main template, which has the right-hand column, so the edit page is a mess with the overlapping right-hand column. What have I most likely done wrong which keeps the entire module from using the same calendar template?

Using the most recent joomla and Jevents, apache server, php5.2.3, mysql 5.0.16

The template is a heavily-customized siteground template, and the calendar version is the same template with the right column removed.

Thanks for any clues you might have!
redheads55

Postby Geraint » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:15 am

1. Switch off sef (if its enabled)
2. edit/create an event.
3. look for the Itemid value in the URL

How does this differ to the Itemid for your calendar menu item?
Geraint

Postby redheads55 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:02 pm

SEF was on, I turned it off. I added an item.
the url while looking at that event is:
... index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=45&Itemid=47 ...

so the number is 47, which matches the calendar menu item when I click on the menu as assigned to the *starred* template selection:
...index.php?option=com_jevents&task=month.calendar&Itemid=47...

What else shall I check? :-)
redheads55

Postby Geraint » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:53 pm

What do you do for the "template" to revert to the wrong one? When you do that what is the Itemid in the URL?
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)