JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Remove Week Number

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby mrtomuk » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:38 pm

I have searched all the settings and the forums and sure I am missing something obvious BUT

how do you remove the week number that show on the left on the Monthly View?
mrtomuk

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 pm

You'll need to write a template override to do this.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby machric » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi!

I'd like to do something similar:
All the <td's> in the first row of the table get a css class called "cal_td_daysnames", also the one above the week numbers. Is it possible to remove this class just at the first 'td'?
I already prepared a template overwrite file (templatename/html/com_jevents/default/month/calendar_body.php). On line 18 I can find
Code: Select all
<td class="cal_td_daysnames"/>
                <?php foreach ($this->data["daynames"] as $dayname) { ?>
                    <td align="center" class="cal_td_daysnames">
                        <?php
                        echo $dayname;?>
                    </td>
                    <?php
                } ?>

I' very weak with php, so I can't figure out, where this first cell is coming from (one week has seven days, but I get 8 cells.... ;-) )
Can anybody help a bit? Point me in the right direction?

Thanks
machric
machric
Gold Members

Postby happyhacker » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:44 am

Did you solve this? You could of course use CSS to change the colours to all the same and display:none; any to hide them. That will prevent the column elimination moving everything left.
happyhacker

Postby bethcca » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:00 pm

I am redoing the company website and to say I am a novice is putting it nicely. I am familiar with joomla due to updating the template in 08 but now I have upgraded the entire website to Joomla 1.5.

Can someone please explain to me how to remove the week number? Please explain it in detail as if I'm a two year old. Let me know what I need to edit.

Also, how can I center my mini calendar in my right column bar? I have tried to figure this out for two days and it's driving me crazy.

Thanks!!!
bethcca

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:01 am

These are both CSS questions - I would recommend you get a book on simple CSS it will help this this sort of question in the future.

1. Hiding the week number - assuming you are using default layout add this css to your template.css file
Code: Select all
.cal_td_weeklink a {display:none;}
2. centering mini-calendar will depend on the layout you are using and the template. What is your site URL?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby bethcca » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 pm

http://www.ccalouisiana.com/ccajoomla15/

this is my test site. The mini calendar is on the left
bethcca

Postby bethcca » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Plus, I added the code to the .css and it deleted the numbers, not the entire column and I am using the default
bethcca

Postby Geraint » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 am

Looks as though you got it sorted now.
Geraint

Postby bethcca » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:09 pm

not hardly...I am finally back on the new web design. I've done everything you've suggested and I cannot get rid of the first weekly column. Also the calendar module is still not centered within the column.

Please someone help me with this. I am not a web designer but have been thrown into doing this. Thanks!
bethcca

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)