JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Incompatible Modules, Plugins and Components

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby Geraint » Tue May 26, 2009 6:45 am

This is a list of Modules, Plugins and Components known to cause problems with JEvents.

GTranslate (mod_gtranslate) - causes the language settings of the minicalendar to disappear!
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
User avatar
Geraint
 
Posts: 42811
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Postby six gun » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:23 am

When websites are translated through Google they very often suffer in some shape or form with lost images, distorted layout and bits stop working properly.
I did a little experiment and put yahoo.com through google - it got well messed up.

http://www.yahoo.com

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=en&tl=es&u=http://www.yahoo.com/
User avatar
six gun
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:13 am

Postby redheads55 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:47 am

I found my language settings were destroyed on the mini-calendar and recent events if I had iJoomla Search and Archive enabled. As soon as I disabled iJoomla Search module, all aspects of the calendar work.
redheads55
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 am

Postby redheads55 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Update from the developer of the iJoomla Search Module:

I was looking over and is something strange, if our module is shown under events one, then are not problems, as soon I change position and display up to events module then the error.
Can you tell this to the events module developer?
I will keep looking if is something from us
redheads55
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 am

Postby SamPlan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:29 am

I think this may be the best threat for my problem...
I've recently installed Joomla and JEvents. The minicalendar on the left margin is truncated because the names of the days of the week are like "JEV_SUNDAY_CHR, JEV_MONDAY_CHR...". Opening up the full page calendar, I see the months are preceded by JEV_ as well. I've dug around this forum, and this issue is supposed to be caused by incompatible modules, but I turned off all of my modules and plugins, and still no luck.

Joomla: 1.5.20
php: 5.x
Apache: ?recent
mysql

Thanks!
SamPlan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:48 am

Postby Geraint » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:11 am

What lanuage have you setup for Joomla?

If you have disabled all 3rd party modules and plugins and the problem persists then either you have a partial translation of JEvents (unlikely) or something went wrong with the installation and the english language file was not installed properly.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
User avatar
Geraint
 
Posts: 42811
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Postby SamPlan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Come to think of it, I did see some language-related errors on uninstall:

It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'en-GB.com_jevents.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'en-GB.com_jevents.ini'
It was not possible to delete the selected file.: 'en-GB.com_jevents.menu.ini'
Message
Uninstall Component Success

However, a combination of a reinstall, and maybe some poorly documented database tinkering by my IT contractor seemed to fix the problem! Thanks.
SamPlan
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:48 am


Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

  • Who is online
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered and 0 hidden (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 94 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:33 am
  • Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot]