JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Integrated mapping on the horizon?  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby momentis » Mon May 18, 2009 2:57 pm

Geraint,
I love this extension, and it is a mainstay of EVERY site I build. Super work!!!
I was wondering if providing integrated Google (or other) maps for events is anywhere on your development horizon?
Thanks!
Rick
momentis
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Mon May 18, 2009 3:08 pm

If you look at some of the events in the Demo e.g. http://www.jevents.net/en/demo/all-even ... I1MHJlY3Vy

You will see a Google location map - this is part of a managed locations addon.

This is part of an addon plugin/component that will soon be available. It will be part of a "club" offering of a number of plugins, addons and documentation in exchange for a reasonable annual payment. Joining the club would give you download access to these addons and you could then install them on the sites that you build (i.e. no need to a membership per site).

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby momentis » Wed May 20, 2009 12:20 pm

That's awesome! I will certainly join. You all do such great work.

Rick
momentis
Gold Members

Postby momentis » Wed May 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Any idea when the club offering will be available? I am ready to sign up now!
momentis
Gold Members

Postby Geraint » Thu May 21, 2009 6:52 am

Between 1-2 weeks.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby momentis » Sun May 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Awesome! By the way - congrats on the 1.5 release. It truly is a FANTASTIC extension. I'm going to pop over to the JED to review this release. Again, thanks for the hard work!!!!!!!!!!!
momentis
Gold Members

Postby waterfx » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:57 pm

Would someone let me know when this script is out, I'm dieing to get it and use it with jevents. Is there another solution that would work for now?

Thanks for your time,
Chris
waterfx
Silver Members

Postby Geraint » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 pm

This addon and plugin are now available in the JEvents Club Silver Member download area.
Geraint

Postby antracit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:10 am

Geraint wrote:This addon and plugin are now available in the JEvents Club Silver Member download area.

Hi

Thanks for a good Joomla component. This plugin release of Mapping is promising and might be worth a Club membership.

1. I did notice in the Demo when trying to add a location there are a City feild/Dropdownbox. I could not find ”my own” city. Is it not possible to easily add a new City in the frontend? Wy cant a user manually add a new City?

2. Is it possible to show all events with mappings to locations in one map? Sorted by Category?

3. Can u add other languages to?

Thanks

//antracit
antracit

Postby Geraint » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:59 am

Question 1.
The managed location addon has too modes:
1. Managed lists of cities, states and countries
2. Free form entry of addresses.

I just switched the demo to the second of these which is probably easier to handle.

Question 2.
A very interesting idea - I'll look at adding this as a feature (different coloured pegs for different categories).

I suppose the config of this layout would set a date range and a geographic range (otherwise we'd just have the globe?).

Question 3
This addon should support Joomfish and has the standard language files mechanism so you can easily translate it.

Geraint
Geraint

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)