JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Migration from j!1.0.15 to j!1.5

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby zarathustra2012 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:04 pm

Hello!
I want to migrate the data of my still running joomla 1.0.15 (with jevents 1.4.2) to my new joomla 1.5.10 installation including the release candidate of jevents 1.5. How can I migrate the data? To be honest, I am not a mysql-specialist... Is there a migration tool? I searched the forum, but didn´t find something useful...

Thanks!
zarathustra2012
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Postby dlb » Tue May 05, 2009 9:13 pm

To the best of my knowledge, there are no official migrator plugins for JEvents. The ones that I used are here. These are not written by the JEvents team, not blessed by them, etc. They worked for me the one time I used them, that is as close to a guarantee as you get. :D

The steps would be:
  1. Use the migrator plugins to export your 1.0.15 data.
  2. Install Joomla! 1.5.x and import the converted data.
  3. Install JEvnets 1.4.3
  4. Install JEvents 1.5
  5. Convert your events from 1.4 to 1.5 format from within JEvents 1.5
  6. Uninstall JEvents 1.4.3 (I think this will remove the unused data tables, that's the reason for the install/uninstall).
  7. Very Important - Do the Dance of Joy! :lol:
Good luck!

Dale
dlb
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:02 pm

Postby zarathustra2012 » Sat May 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Hi,
I used the migrator tool and it worked fine (wihtout one thing). I have one problem: The special charakters like "ä, ö, ü" are not shown. Jevents shows an event that is originally called "Bürgeschaft" just as "B".

I didn´t install Jevents 1.4.3 in the joomla 1.5, but directly installed the Jevents 1.5. Maybe that´s the problem?

Thank you!
zarathustra2012
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Postby Geraint » Sun May 31, 2009 8:04 am

Could be down to database encoding. What encoding did you have on the original data table? Joomla 1.5 is all UTF-8
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
User avatar
Geraint
 
Posts: 42781
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Postby zarathustra2012 » Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 am

The encoding for the joomla 1.0-database is "German (de-iso-8859-1). What can I do?
zarathustra2012
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:46 am

You could try the following - it may help. Backup the old 1.4 tables then using phpmyadmin (or similar tool) change the encoding and collation of these tables to utf-8 then try the migration again.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
User avatar
Geraint
 
Posts: 42781
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Postby zarathustra2012 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:51 am

Honestly, I don´t know how to change the encoding.
I found out that only the titles of the events. The descriptions of the titles are okay. In the database I find ü instead of an ü. :roll:
zarathustra2012
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:11 am

Was this looking at the description field in jos_jevents_vevdetail ?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
User avatar
Geraint
 
Posts: 42781
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Postby zarathustra2012 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:32 am

Yes, it was in jos_jevents_vevdetail.
zarathustra2012
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm

Postby Geraint » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:03 am

Not ideal but this should work - tun the following queries on this table to fix the data:

Code: Select all
UPDATE jos_jevents_vevdetail set summary=replace(summary,'&uuml','ü');

and repeat for the other umlkauts
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
User avatar
Geraint
 
Posts: 42781
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

cron
  • Who is online
  • View new posts
  • View unanswered posts
  • In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered and 0 hidden (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
  • Most users ever online was 94 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:33 am
  • Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]