JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

How to load the latest events inside a article  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby kaduci » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Hello there,

I'm a beginner user of JEvents. I'm trying to embbed it inside an article. I managed to do that by using the Load Component Plugin in Joomla 1.5.23. Here is the way I'm loading the component:

{component url='index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=484'}

However, by doind that, the events from all categories are shown. I just want to show the events of just one category. I've tryied to perform it this way:

{component url='index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=484&catid=148'}

However I failed to load the events from the desired category. Does anyone has an idea of how I can load the events from an specific category using the Load Component plugin?

Thanks in advance ;-)
kaduci

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:14 pm

Use the load module joomla content plugin
{loadposition xxx}
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kaduci » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi, Geraint.

By using the loadposition, can I put some parameters to point out what category I want to load?
kaduci

Postby Geraint » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Create a special instance of the latst eents module in a special position you have created and then load that position.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kaduci » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi, Geraint.
thank you so much for your reply. I managed to do you recommendation.
However, I would like to show the events as a calendar layout, which is structured by month and years, including the category colors in the events. By using the loadposition, I just get a list as a plain text.
kaduci

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 am

Then it looks as though you either need to load the main JEvents components (year list) or create a template override for the latest events module (http://www.jevents.net/jevents-15-topme ... jevents-15)
Geraint

Postby kaduci » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

Hi, Geraint.

Thank you again for your prompt reply.

I managed to load the JEvent component inside the article by using the Component Load plugin. It seems fine so far. I took the following steps until reach the desired result:

1. I've created a menu link of JEvent type; I set the category I wanted to filter in the parameters for the component on the link's parameters;

2. Inside the article I wanted to load the JEvent component, I put this code:

{component url='index.php?option=com_events&amp;Itemid=<ID>/view_year/'}

where <ID> is the ID of the created link on the Step 1.

This way, the JEvent component filtered by the category I set on Step 1 is loaded inside the article. I think it's working well. But, I don't know whether this is the best solution. In the case of a crash at some point, I'll follow your recommendation, which seems to be the right solution to take.

Thank you!

See ya.
kaduci

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)