JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

How to install JEvents?

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby jhegarty » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:00 pm

I need to know how to download the latest build of JEvents 1.5rc before I can evaluate whether or not it is ready to be released as stable. Can anyone tell me where to go to download it?
jhegarty

Postby Geraint » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:42 am

Read the pink section above ;)
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby Guarddon » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm

Hi, Geraint & Co.!

I would like to know if it's ready, but after searching a lot, I've been completely unable to find how to install. Any help, please?

Thank U very much. I'd like to recommend you to make a "how to install" post accessible, very on the top of the index, because it's what's going to give you the users. Imagine!: I'm new to Joomla and I've been looking on its forum; then, in yours (where the link to the installation files is quite hidden as well); I didn't find anything and decided (after thinking too much, in yet an upset mood $:P)... Very annoying to make just a try. I hope it's worth it.

Sorry for this, guys, but you really put it difficult to promote your product. From the posts at Joomla! Forum, surely it's worth this pain in my neck, but how can I know?

Greetings!
Garry Guarddon (a Spanish in Dublin)
Guarddon

Postby dlb » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:14 pm

How to install a Joomla! component is beyond the normal range of documentation that component authors provide, 30 seconds after you figure it out, you'll agree with me. :D If the documentation is that complete, it will be huge and scare off the people it is intended to help. Your difficulty in finding the component for download is a timing issue. The 1.5 version is under heavy development and Geraint has been posting SVN builds in this forum thread. This is not the normal distribution method. I've been downloading the SVN code and installing from there for about a year as I followed the progress of version 1.5, now that's the hard way.

To your question about installation: download the component (required) and the modules and plugin (optional) from the thread that I referenced above. In the administrative (back end) screen of your Joomla! installation, select Extensions and Install/Uninstall from the top menu. The "normal" way is to use the top section of the install screen, "Upload Package File." Use the browse button to find the component file that you downloaded to your local computer and select it. Next, press the "Upload File & Install" button. You should get a success message when the install is complete. Repeat the same process for the modules and plugin.

You will need to create a new menu item in Joomla! pointing to your JEvents component. You can publish the modules in any module position that you want in your site template from Extensions, Module Manager. You need to publish the search plugin from Extensions, Plugin Manager. There is quite a bit to the after installation configuration of the component, but the online help will guide you through most of that. If you have further questions about setting up JEvents, post your question on the forum. Geraint is a support demon, it is tough for a community member to find a question he hasn't already answered. :lol: Good luck with it.

Dale
Last edited by dlb on Sat May 02, 2009 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dlb

Postby Guarddon » Fri May 01, 2009 2:53 pm

dlb wrote:This is not the appropriate forum for this topic, but we'll let the forum moderators worry about that.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I know, but if they just did so, maybe they would move my post to the right thread and suddenly make me find myself in the proper place, no? ;)

How to install a Joomla! component is beyond the normal range of documentation that component authors provide, 30 seconds after you figure it out, you'll agree with me...

Totally, but it was my first non-standard component, hehe :oops:

To your question about installation: ...

Now I understand not seeing anything new in my installed componets list, when trying to create a new module for the sitebased on the component. I just installed the first zip file. :o

I'll try with the rest. Thanks sooo much! :) :) :)
Guarddon

Postby Guarddon » Sat May 02, 2009 1:28 pm

And... here we are! Thanks to the forum manager for moving us to a more proper place and sorry for the annoyance. :?

Thanks for your help, dlb, :D. You've been very helpful.

Now I got it working and it amazes me the ammount of features already working. Being a bit fussy, I would say the setting up is a bit confusing at first glance, but... Wow! For the moment I think I'll have great fun configuring all the stuff... :shock:

Congratulations and thanks for a great job, Geraint! ;)
Guarddon

Postby shwewar » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Dear Sir,
Possible solution 0 :
I try upload package file ... I always see this message
"The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
Possible solution 1 :
1. I Unzip the JEvents package on my local computer
2. I Upload the unzipped file to a temporary folder on my server (home/domain/joomla/tmp/jevents)by using filezilla.
3.In install directory of extension manager I type (home/domain/joomla/tmp/jevents) and click install.
I saw this message "Please enter a package directory"

And I checkd "memory_limit" is 64M.

How do i continue? Please help me ...Thanks a lot!!!

Shwewar
shwewar

Postby Geraint » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Please upload a screenshot of what the content of this folder looks like /home/domain/joomla/tmp/jevents
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby shwewar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am

Dear Sir,
Whenever i submit screenshot file, this pop up box appears "opening posting.php".
Shwewar
shwewar

Postby carcam » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 pm

Can you please upload it to another server (imageshack or so) and give us a link to it?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)