JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

DOCLink problem

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby RogerLaurel » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Joomla! 1.5.23, DOCman 1.5.8, JEvents 1.5.5g

Unable to get DOCLink to retain any linkage information to documents required for an event. :?

When DOCLink is clicked at the bottom of an event, the light box opens, I can browse through the catalog of documents, go down a level & continue to browse to the desired document. Highlight the document & select "OK", but there is no document result linked to the event.

Looked through the configurations of this applications, but I don't see what is wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)
RogerLaurel

Postby Tonyp » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Hello,

Do you see any javascript error messages in the browser?
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby RogerLaurel » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 pm

No there is no error message what so ever. The light box just closes.

If memory serves me, this did work at one time about a year ago. Now that we have new courses, there is new materials & our training department has reported the problem to me.

I have been a member of the club in the past year. Geraint knows me well. However, this year's budget has been cut yet again & they will not subscribe. However, as they begin to realize we must move to Joomla! 2.5 soon, they will finance our membership again soon as they don't want to loose the "on-line registration" our being a previous Gold Club member got us.

We are a non-profit, so getting the BOD to underwrite this sort of thing is always like pulling teeth.
RogerLaurel

Postby Geraint » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:51 am

I suspect it could be an editor problem and nothing to do with JEvents ??

Does it work in article descriptions? Can you disable the wysiwyg editor, logout, login and try again?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby RogerLaurel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Yes, it works under the search tools of Joomla! and DOCman. I have been hammering on this problem for over 2 weeks. The editor we use is the JCE154 editor. It installs publications/document titles & publications/document descriptions without a problem I am aware of.

All the categories & publication titles show in the DOCLink light box.

The work around has been for me to insert the publication title into a HTML tag of the JEvent description, JEvent location or JEvent Extra Information dialogs. (JEvent description is the preferred location.)

Due to the lack of technical expertise of those who really need it, the DOCLink installation of an HTML tag to a publication from a JEvent has been the solution until something broke.
RogerLaurel

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)