JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Plugin for jEvents 1.5 for sh404_SEF

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby hifi » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Added those direct links to old files, has to check your changes before updating.

I think "one number only" looks better, and is maybe easier to "read". But that's quick thing to change if wanted.

That arrow navigation and page browsing in year view might take little longer.
hifi

Postby Geraint » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't quite understand how sh404sef works in terms of how it tracks the variables it makes available but I guess the key thing is the URLs need to be 'unique' enough to allow all the navigation to work without duplicated URLs?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hifi » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Geraint wrote:I don't quite understand how sh404sef works in terms of how it tracks the variables it makes available but I guess the key thing is the URLs need to be 'unique' enough to allow all the navigation to work without duplicated URLs?

Basically it creates SEF URL's to DB for every "normal" URL's. If there are 2 normal URL's that'll make same URL, it's created only once. So no 365 URL's for one year, just one (which has "real URL" the one that it got first).

Plugin tells sh404sef how variables should be handled. That's quite a big part of testing plugin, that there's working URL for every page that there needs to be.
hifi

Postby kevlar » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:56 am

I'm not sure that I should put the question right here because I'm not even sure that my problem caused by SH404SEF. However, my problem is that I'm now using the sh404sef but it didn't worked well for sometimes. Whenever I searched with a certain event (story) it'll show the keyword (or the event name) on the titletag (first section) and the url section (last section) of the google result page because SH404SEF will generate the keyword for it; but it didn't always show those of the content section (see attachment; the second section; don't mention the word) eventhough i was sure that I had already put the keywords into the content. Instead, it showd the keywords of the "home page meta" I set for the homepage on Sh404sef (see attachment on how I set them). I then had been thought this was a reason why some events of mind did not rank well like it should be whenever someone search for a certain event on Google. However this was not always the case; sometimes it showed.

Can someone tell me the reason and solution?
Thank you
Attachments
HomePageMeta_2 copy.jpg
Sh404sef Page
HomePageMeta_2 copy.jpg (171.64 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
Result Page 4 copy.jpg
GG Result Page
Result Page 4 copy.jpg (122.83 KiB) Viewed 2853 times
kevlar

Postby hifi » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:22 am

kevlar wrote:I'm not sure that I should put the question right here because I'm not even sure that my problem caused by SH404SEF. However, my problem is that I'm now using the sh404sef but it didn't worked well for sometimes. Whenever I searched with a certain event (story) it'll show the keyword (or the event name) on the titletag (first section) and the url section (last section) of the google result page because SH404SEF will generate the keyword for it; but it didn't always show those of the content section (see attachment; the second section; don't mention the word) eventhough i was sure that I had already put the keywords into the content. Instead, it showd the keywords of the "home page meta" I set for the homepage on Sh404sef (see attachment on how I set them). I then had been thought this was a reason why some events of mind did not rank well like it should be whenever someone search for a certain event on Google. However this was not always the case; sometimes it showed.

Can someone tell me the reason and solution?
Thank you

If I undestood your problem correctly (that it's about metadata and google search), then the problem is that there isn't plugin for metadata. sh404 uses two plugins for component; sef_ext which is mandatory to have, and meta_ext, which makes metadata for item's. I haven't learned yet, how to make meta_exts, so that's why it uses now only Joomla's/sh404's own metadata "maker". Or at least so I think.

I have thougt about making meta_ext too, but there just is so much more "thinking to do" things, that it's left.

Was the problem with metadata, or something else?
hifi

Postby kevlar » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:38 am

Thank you hifi ; I'm now trying to find a plug in for that but I'll be glad if someone would recommend one. :D
kevlar

Postby kisho » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 am

Hi!

Do you have any idea why the rss link of the module isn't converted to SEF on my site? I'm using your plugin and every other url is converted except this one.
kisho

Postby hifi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am

kisho wrote:Hi!

Do you have any idea why the rss link of the module isn't converted to SEF on my site? I'm using your plugin and every other url is converted except this one.

I have wondered that myself too when I wrote that plugin, because there's a case for RSS, and the RSS is being rewritten (or it's URL) when link is clicked. But still for some reason the link always seems to be "no-SEF" when it's in "latest events" module.
hifi

Postby Geraint » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I had problems with the core SEF libraries giving broken links and decided that the RSS link wasn't that important for search engine optimisation so left is disabled.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby kyomar » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:41 am

Hello Hifi,

thanks for your plugin. We had a discussion about badly formed URLs in this thread viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5648. Geraint suggested to post here.

The problem is that I have tons of 404 - not found errors listed in my google webmaster. Geraint thinks that the pluging is not working properly.

I would be very grateful if you could check the plugin.

Thanks a lot,
Markus
kyomar

PreviousNext

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)