JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

New Jevents 1.5.6 Install - Not all Events Showing

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby slsorrels » Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 pm

stretch class setup.png
stretch class setup.png (30.58 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
jevents 5-18 day.png
jevents 5-18 day.png (18.21 KiB) Viewed 1237 times
stretch class manage view.png
stretch class manage view.png (5.9 KiB) Viewed 1237 times

I've managed to install 1.5.6 and create a calendar... and add some events. But for reasons I cannot decipher, I can't get all the events to show.

I uploaded a few attachments to show how I've set one particular class up. Other classes (the first few) appear, but now I can't seem to get anything to show... and the timestamps are sometimes weird... ugh.

Help?!?!

-SLSorrels
slsorrels

Postby slsorrels » Fri May 18, 2012 10:10 pm

Also, if I edit the event settings (like make it "no repeat" instead of repeating), the event will change to "not published" in the Event Manager and you cannot force it to publish unless I got back and edit the settings again...

What am I doing wrong???

-SLSorrels
slsorrels

Postby carcam » Fri May 18, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi Sorrels,
Several questions:

1) Why did you install 1.5.6 when the latest version is 2.1.18? JEvents 1.5.6 is ok, but you will need the 2.x version when you migrate your Joomla! system from 1.5. And by the way, there are extra features and functionalities in 2.1.x branch.

2) Is the "Stretch" category published an is it available to everyone or at least to the user you are looking at the calendar with?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby slsorrels » Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for helping!

I'll answer question #2 first: "stretch" is a published category and is set to "public."

Question #1: This Joomla site has been up for years... 1.5 was the highest version at the time. I've been scared to leap to 2.x for fear of all the modules/components/etc. I have installed that are 1.5 native. Am I dreading the upgrade for nothing? :-)

-SLSorrels
slsorrels

Postby Tonyp » Sat May 19, 2012 6:21 am

Hello slsorrels,

You are dreading for nothing ;).

The only thing you need to be careful of is that enabling the mootools upgrade plugin does not clash with any other applications.(Javascript warning occur).

So Before moving to JEvents 2.1.x, I would suggest enabling the Mootools Upgrade plugin and testing the site. Then install JEvents modules, component, plugins, layouts if you have them already they will need updating.

Regards
Tony
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)