JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Count back from year end - issue

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby [Daniel] » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:39 pm

* PHP version php-5.2.5-win32-installer.msi
* Joomla! version 1.5.9
* JEvents version 1.5 Beta
* Web Server software apache_2.2.8-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
* Server Operating system Windows
* Database version mysql-essential-5.0.51a-win32.msi
* memory_limit 128M

I like that the repeating setting for By Year Day auto-updates as the user selects a new start date. However, this day "count" calculation is not taking the "Count back from year end" Boolean into account, as all calculated numbers are from the beginning of the year.

I have not tested any other similar variants of this... i.e. monthly, weekly, etc...
[Daniel]

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:45 pm

I just tried 10 days counting back and got my events all happing on the 22nd of December (the 10th day counting back including 31st December).

Can you upload a screenshot of how you configured the event.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby [Daniel] » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:40 pm

Let me give you my sequence in case it's just the way I am trying to use it, or think it should work.
  1. click Add a new event (from monthly calendar view)
  2. scroll down to bottom of screen a click Yearly repeat radio button (my config edits events on one flowing screen)
  3. notice comma separated list defaults with initial value of 042 (today, Feb 11, is the 42nd day)
  4. Check the Count back from year end boolean (no change to comma separated list)
  5. scroll up and change the event start date to Feb 2
  6. The comma separated list updates to 33
Screen shot below. The screen shot if from inside IE7, which I tried after first finding the issue in firefox3.
Attachments
YearEnd.jpg
Requested Screen Shot.
YearEnd.jpg (134.88 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
[Daniel]

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

But if you overwrite the "comma separated list" field with a number e.g. 20 and save the event. When does it show up in the calendar?

Or is it the javascript auto counting of days when you are editing the event that is the issue?

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby [Daniel] » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Yes, the issue is that I was expecting the auto count javascript to handle both forward and backward counting.

If I manually set a number to the "comma separated list" to 7 (Christmas day) it will:
  • ignore the repeat "numbered date" and use the start date of the event (default repeat count is 1, default start date is today)
  • If I update the repeat count to 3, then all occurrences of the event happen on Dec 25th (as expected)
[Daniel]

Postby Geraint » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:10 pm

After my last post took a look and adjusted the "auto count" calculation in javascript to respect the direction boolean. It will be in the next build (probably at the weekend).

Geraint
Geraint

Postby [Daniel] » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:19 pm

Perfect!

Thanks Geraint.
[Daniel]

Postby [Daniel] » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:20 pm

verified fixed in build 1314!

Thanks Geraint.
[Daniel]

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)