JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

[SOLVED] Repeat Events not working .. in so many ways.

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby houston » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:03 am

First when trying to create an even with repeats, I had a terrible time getting it to show up ... then when it did show up, the event was posted on every day for the duration of the repeat cycle.

Scenario: Specified time 7:30am - 4:30pm, Starting window February 8, 2009 repeating monthly on 2 Tuesday each month, until August 31, 2009.

I encountered the following problems when trying to create a repeat event.

1) Initially created event would not show on the calendar (not until repeated updates to the event).

2) Event showing as coming event though today was part of the event.

3) Time sheet reflects event ending on September 2nd, 2009.

3) Event showing on every day (as multi-day event) on calendar through September 2nd, 2009.

3) All weeks showing selected when attempting to edit instead of the 2nd week.

4) Repeated attempts to fix (edit) resulted in the the same as #3 except multiple times a day.

5) Many attempts at edit this event resulted in "Could not save repetitions".

I have always like JEvents ... was excieted to see the new version for Joomla 1.5x .. tried alpha 2 & 3 and saw most of the same issues ... frustrated ... I decided to wait ... hoped with Beata ... it would be better ... figured that I needed to post my experiences.
houston

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:45 am

Can you attach a screen shot of the event creation (the date/time tab).

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby houston » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:47 am

Here is a screen shot. Hope this helps out.
Attachments
daytimetab.JPG
daytimetab.JPG (28.1 KiB) Viewed 1844 times
houston

Postby Geraint » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:30 am

This event is setup as an event that is almost 5 months long that repeats monthly and therefore should be displayed on every day with lots of overlapping instances.

Jevents 1.5 follows the ical method of specifying events (unlinke Jevents 1.4). The start and end date/time relate to a specific repeat so for a 1 day event you set the end date the same as the start date and then use the repeat section to specify the repetitions.

I hope that makes sense - I will produce some examples when I have some time.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby AlanHumphrey » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks Geraint - that helped me (don't know about the OP).

Is it possible to have a repeating event that is "every Tuesday *except* the last Tuesday of the month"?

- Alan
AlanHumphrey

Postby arc_admin » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:39 am

I haven't tried it, Alan, but try checking the 'Count Back from month end' box and then check all the weeks except week 1.

Ken
arc_admin

Postby houston » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:30 am

Okay ... my apologies .... my misunderstanding as to how this thing works. I change the end date to be the same as the start ... and ... magically ... the entire event is displayed correctly. Thanks for that help!
houston

Postby AlanHumphrey » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:26 am

arc_admin - thanks! worked like a champ
AlanHumphrey

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)