JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Can't create a published categorie

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby TopCop » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 pm

PHP : 5.2.8
MySQL : 5.0.67-log
Zeit : 15:05
Caching : Deaktiviert
GZIP : Deaktiviert

Joomla 1.5.9
JEvents 1.5 beta

Hi,
I installed JEvents for the first time on my system.
I did a DB Setup after installation.
When I create a new categorie, the categorie is created but unpublished. So when I want to create a new event I can see that there is a unpublished categorie. But in the categorie list I'm not able to see this unpublished categorie and change it to published.
When I go to manage ical calenders I get the following error:

Warning: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object in /homepages/22/d207966045/htdocs/vm/administrator/components/com_jevents/controllers/icals.php on line 101
DB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'dbXXXXXXXX.jos_jevents_categories' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT c.*, e.color FROM jos_jevents_categories AS e, jos_categories as c WHERE c.id=e.id

Any help would be appreciated.

TopCop
TopCop
Contributor

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:19 pm

The problem is that you have a table missing something went wrong with te DB setup.

Can you enable Joomla max error reporting (in joomla config) and Joomla debug messages and hit DB setup again.

Cut and paste into your reply any error messages and the debug code that includes the "create table jos_jevents_categories".

thanks

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby TopCop » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:32 pm

==> PM

Thanks in advance,
TopCop
TopCop
Contributor

Postby Gugge » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:15 pm

I have the same problem:

This is what I get when trying to create the databases:

Code: Select all
DatabaseMySQL::query: 1146 - Table 'joomla.jos_jevents_categories' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT c.* , e.color, g.name AS _groupname, pc.title as parentcat, e.admin FROM jos_categories as c LEFT JOIN jos_groups AS g ON g.id = c.access LEFT JOIN jos_categories as pc ON pc.id = c.parent_id LEFT JOIN jos_jevents_categories as e ON e.id = c.id WHERE c.section='com_jevents' AND c.parent_id=0 ORDER BY ordering

This is the output when (re-)installing the component (note the time):
Application afterLoad: 0.146 seconds, 0.37 MB
Application afterInitialise: 2.294 seconds, 4.58 MB
Application afterRoute: 2.294 seconds, 4.58 MB
Application afterDispatch: 314.827 seconds, 8.58 MB
Application afterRender: 316.102 seconds, 9.23 MB

No sign of any "
create jos_jevents_categories
"

If I do a completely new installation (and manually remove all tables) I can access the admin interface, I don't get any errors, but I can't create any categories. They do get created in the jos_categories, though .

Running Apache/2.0.59 (Win32) DAV/2 PHP/5.2.3 at localhost with a memorylimit 128 Mbyte

Gugge
Gugge

Postby Geraint » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Sorry - A stupid mistake in the table construction query.

At line 545 of administrator/components/com_jevents/controllers/config.php

Change the code from
   admin int(12) NOT NULL default 0,

to
   admin int(12) NOT NULL default 0

I'll fix the package immediately.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)