JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

SOLVED - Editor Popup background image  Topic is solved

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby rostrum » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:18 am

My site design requires a dark color which is being picked up by the event editor popup. Since I cannot change this .css without affecting the site design, I wonder if I can set a background image in the popup. Anyone know if this can be done and how? If not, is there another way to edit this background color?
rostrum

Postby carcam » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 am

I think that issue is more related to the editor, which editor are you using?
¿Sabías que tenemos soporte en español para los miembros del Club de JEvents? ¡ÚNETE AHORA!
carcam
Team Staff

Postby Tonyp » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:14 am

Also make sure you have enabled 'site has a dark background' in jevents config.
---------------------------------------
Feel free to PM me if you would like Custom Installs or Joomla! related work for a competitive quote.

Tonyp
Team Staff

Postby rostrum » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:51 pm

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! I am using TinyMCE asmy editor. From what I've read in these forums, the popup background is driven by the site css. This is what I'm getting:
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (116.9 KiB) Viewed 1465 times

I used Firebug and realized it's picking up the css for the setting of the bottom of the page (It's a Rockettheme template and this particular color is established in the Gantry settings of the template, (see image 2).
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (114.41 KiB) Viewed 1465 times

The color of the popup is the same as the color of the bottom, #181818, and when I change that code in Gantry, it changes the popup, but of course, it changes the color of the bottom of the page- the client wants that black.)

Specs:
* PHP version: 5.1.56
* Joomla! version: 1.7
* JEvents version: 1.5.5
* Web Server software: Apache
* Server Operating system: Solaris
* Database version: mysql
* memory_limit from your phpinfo: 64 MB
* Web browser and version: Latest- Safari, Firefox, Chrome
rostrum

Postby Geraint » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:01 pm

It looks as though your template is not very good at customising the style setting of popup windows.

I would suggest you ask RocketTheme for advice.
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rostrum » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 pm

I will do that. But my initial question remans... Is there a way to add a background image to this editor popup?
rostrum

Postby Geraint » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Try to edit the file component.php in your template folder
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby rostrum » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:44 pm

OK. So I've abandoned the popup, but when I select 'Frontend edit in popup = no' in the Event Editing tab, I am sent to a blank page when I click on 'edit event'. What am I doing wrong?
rostrum

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:52 pm

What does the URL look like on which blank page?

Enable maximum error reporting on the server tab of Joomla config so you can see any error messages.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby rostrum » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:07 pm

OK. I solved the no popup problem with a change of editor to Rokbox (created by the template creator, so colors and load all worked fine.) Still can't do popup, but that's OK.

Now, another problem!... When I try to edit an existing event on the frontend (created in the backend), changes do not get applied. It just reverts to original settings.
rostrum

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)