JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

no filter on catids

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby joe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi
in my version (alpha3) I'm unable to set a filter on a single category when I define a new menu entry. In the generated link "catids=xx|yy" is missing. So always every category is listed in the calendar. Who can help?
Regards
Joe
joe

Postby Geraint » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Works fine for me - please provide the pink information.

Note that using the Joomla MVC the catids are part of the menu item parameters and won't appear in the URL.

Geraint

p.s. Please post in the dedicated alpha 3 forum in future
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby joe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:34 am

Hi
thanks for you response.
Here the info of my system:
PHP 5.2.8
Joomla 1.5.9
Apache
Linux and Windows (two installations - same effect)
DB Version 5.0.32
Mem Limit: 40M

Regards
Joe
joe

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:56 am

Following your post I noticed that the "legend" does indeed list all the categories (but the calendar does filter based on the menu choice). Is this what you are talking about?

I have committed a fix to SVN to deal with this.

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby joe » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi
yes, this is the error I mentioned. Thanks for fixing. In which SVN Version you'll fix it? In 1278 the error still exists.
Joe
joe

Postby joe » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi
you wrote: "Following your post I noticed that the "legend" does indeed list all the categories (but the calendar does filter based on the menu choice). Is this what you are talking about?"
even with the new beta version this problem is not fixed. Selecting just one category in the menu definition (monthly view), all catagories are listed! But - very strange!! - if you go back one month or advance by one month, the legend under the calendar is displayed correctly now (just the filtered category). Even if you go back now to the actual month, the filter is working!
Regards
Joe
joe

Postby Geraint » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Is there a publicly accessible URL I can look at?
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)