JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Conversion changes registered event to public

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby hifi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:37 pm

* PHP version: 5.2.6
* Joomla! version: 1.5.9 (Legacy: ON)
* JEvents version: 1.5.0 Alpha3 (Revision 1245)
* Web Server software: Apache 2.2.8
* Server Operating system: Windows XP SP3 (WAMP)
* Database version: 5.0.51b
* memory_limit: 128M

I had old 1.4.3RC2 events created, which were converted nicely, except all "Registered" events were change to public.

During conversion following error was displayed: " * Not a valid VCALENDAR data file: n/a"
hifi

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:48 pm

A good spot - looking at the code it was also not taking account of the published state of old events.

I've just committed a fix for both of these in SVN.

Geraint

p.s. I can't see how the other error message could be generated by a data migration - was it a data import?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hifi » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:48 pm

Updated my version from SVN (rev. 1247).

Now the system doesn't display any event's at all (I created one from front end, but calendar is completely empty).

Error message is still shown.

EDIT: Wrong alert, events came visible when I emptied DB tables and made conversion again. But still registered events are public.
Attachments
jevents.png
Error message
jevents.png (64.75 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
hifi

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:49 am

The warning is VERY strange indeed.

Can you try adding
Code: Select all
echo $this->rawData[0];die();

at line 157 temporarily in comp../com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php, delete the iCal tables and reimport legacy events.

And post the first few lines of the output.

thanks

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby hifi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Geraint wrote:The warning is VERY strange indeed.

Can you try adding
Code: Select all
echo $this->rawData[0];die();

at line 157 temporarily in comp../com_jevents/libraries/iCalImport.php, delete the iCal tables and reimport legacy events.

And post the first few lines of the output.

thanks

Geraint

Seems that events are converted correctly, but error still shows.

After adding your line system prints 5 times following line:
Notice: Undefined property: iCalICSFile::$icaltype in C:\wamp\www\CB_testi\components\com_jevents\libraries\iCalICSFile.php on line 201
hifi

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:46 pm

OK - that gives me some some clues. I'll report back tomorrow.
Geraint

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)