JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)

Missing Category Error

JEvents 2.0 was launched over 2 years ago and the latest stable version is version 2.2 which will run on Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 2.5. JEvents 1.5 is therefore no longer actively supported - you should upgrade to JEvents 2.2+ as soon as possible.
Forum rules
Please include as much detail in any test or bug reports for JEvents 1.5 as possible.

First of all, check if you are running the latest available version of Joomla! and JEvents. Posts for issues, where both systems are not updated, will be ignored.

We need the following at least:

* PHP version (e.g. 5.2.5). Note: Support for PHP4 is discontinued.
* Joomla! version
* JEvents version
* Web Server software (Apache or IIS with version number if possible)
* Server Operating system (e.g. Linux, Windows, Solaris, Darwin ...)
* Database version
* memory_limit from your phpinfo
* Web browser and version

Please enable error reporting and include any error messages in your posting. You do this via the Joomla Configuration - set "error reporting" to "maximum" on the Server tab.

Finally, please describe the steps required to recreate the problem and also please enable error reporting and give us any error messages generated.

Postby jc513 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:25 pm

I can not seem to create a Calendar from the manage iCALs. When I go to create a calendar from scratch the Select Category dropdown is blank. I do have a category and it is published so I am not getting the must have category error. Attempting to create the calendar I receive an error 500 missing category. Without successfully creating a calendar, I don't know if this is relevant but the iCal Event categories dropdown is blank as well.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and even dropped tables several times. No luck so far.

-----
Apache 2.2.8/PHP: 5.2.5 (40MB;Magic Quotes ON)
J!1.5.8 (Legacy 1.0 for other components)
JEvents 1.5 Alpha3 SVN 1245
Windows (test/dev site)
MySQL 5.0.67-community-nt
jc513

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Are the categories published?
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jc513 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes, the categories are published. At least they show published in the backend admin GUI and in the jos_catergories table (published=1).
jc513

Postby jc513 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:29 pm

After putting the system into debug, I ran into some debug errors like

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1061 - Duplicate key name 'eventid' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_abc_jevents_rrule` ADD INDEX eventid (eventid)

and

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') TYPE=MyISAM' at line 11 SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS jos_abc_jevents_repetition ( rp_id int(12) NOT NULL auto_increment, eventid int(12) NOT NULL default 1, eventdetail_id int(12) NOT NULL default 0, duplicatecheck varchar(32) NOT NULL UNIQUE default "", startrepeat datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', endrepeat datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', PRIMARY KEY (rp_id), INDEX (eventid), INDEX `jos_jevents_repetition` ( `eventid` , `startrepeat` ), ) TYPE=MyISAM;

I noticed that my database prefix of 'jos_abc_' wasn't showing throughout the error codes. Changing the tables/schema back to the default of 'jos_' made the original missing category problem disappear.

It looks like the code is having a problem with a database prefix of anything other than the default of 'jos_'.

(Also might want to look at the error codes above when you get a chance. Only appears to be a problem when the system is in debug mode.)
jc513

Postby Geraint » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:11 pm

These are not really errors - just me being a little lazy during development. In admin../comp../com_jevents/controllers/cpanel.php you'll see that I cal a function called _checkDatabase that creates the tables and indicies. I just suppress the error messages caused by trying to create the indicies twice. Its just a mechanism to make sure that all the tables are up to date.

The code is all using the standard #__ prefix so there should be no difference between "jos_abc_" and "jos_". If you still have the test installation that didn't work can you tell me what tables and indicies were created

thanks

Geraint
JEvents Club members can get priority forum support at the Support Forum. As well as access to a variety of custom JEvents addons and benefits. Join the JEvents club today!
Geraint

Postby jc513 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:59 pm

Sent you a PM with the requested data.

In looking at the raw MySQL query log I see the following change around the 2nd LEFT JOIN when executing Create New iCal...

Code: Select all
SELECT c.id, c.published, c.title as ctitle,p.title as ptitle, gp.title as gptitle, ggp.title as ggptitle  FROM jos_abc_categories AS c LEFT JOIN jos_abc_categories AS p ON p.id=c.parent_id LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS gp ON gp.id=p.parent_id  LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS ggp ON ggp.id=gp.parent_id  WHERE c.access<='2' AND c.section = 'com_jevents' AND c.published >= 0

As you can see, it starts out with the right prefix then changes to the standard 'jos_' on the categories table.
jc513

Postby Geraint » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:53 am

Bingo :)

lines 184 & 185 in comp../com_jevents/libraries/jeventshtml.php - I was looking in the wrong place.

Geraint
Geraint

Postby jc513 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Updated to SVN 1251. I can now create an iCal. The categories are now showing up in both Manage iCal and Manage Event. :D

However, after creating a new event it does not show up in the calendar on the front-end. :? I believe it is the same problem.

SELECT c.id
 FROM jos_abc_categories AS c LEFT JOIN josx_abc_categories AS p ON p.id=c.parent_id LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS gp ON gp.id=p.parent_id  LEFT JOIN jos_categories AS ggp ON ggp.id=gp.parent_id
 WHERE c.access <= 0
 AND c.published = 1
 AND c.section = 'com_jevents'
SELECT ev.*, rpt.*, rr.*, det.*, ev.state as published

In looking at the MySQL query log, the second left join is set back to the default 'jos_' prefix just like before.
jc513

Postby SpaceBass » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 pm

I am also using a non-standard prefix (sae_) ... anxious to try the SVN code to see if it fixes the issue for me.
I'll keep this thread updated.
SpaceBass

Postby SpaceBass » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:42 pm

the latest SVN fixed the admin console issues, but the frontend is still throwing errors left and right

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/nicholas/public_html/vaalpha.com/components/com_jevents/libraries/dbmodel.php on line 79

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/nicholas/public_html/vaalpha.com/components/com_jevents/libraries/dbmodel.php on line 79

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/nicholas/public_html/vaalpha.com/components/com_jevents/libraries/datamodel.php on line 585

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/nicholas/public_html/vaalpha.com/components/com_jevents/libraries/datamodel.php on line 585

SpaceBass

Next

Return to JEvents 1.5 (No longer actively supported)