The good news is that in the last few weeks I have spent a lot of time on development of JEvents 1.5 (thanks to financial support from a client ).
This has involved:
- A major rewrite to bring the codebase inline with the MVC model of Joomla 1.5.
- Lots of new sexy features (e.g. deletion of all future repetitions, cloning events, google maps lookups on location, advanced filtering of events)
- User specific controls on creating, editing, publishing, deleting events
- Implementing many new plugin mechanisms to allow the extension of the component and linking it to other components or adding extra fields to the events detail
I hope we'll have a pretty stable JEvents 1.5 by the year end.
Going forward I anticipate that we will create a JEvents Club (similar to the Joomfish Club) where paid up members will get:
- access to new releases in advance
- access to member only forums where the developers will concentrate their support efforts
- exclusive member only addons