JEvents 1.4

An event every first Friday of a month

Postby Pietari » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:06 am

Hi!

This is really a great module/component to view events!

I thou have a question. Is there a way to configure an event so, that the calendar displays it every first Friday every moth for a period of time? I can’t seem to find such a choice. Is it possible to do this?
Last edited by Pietari on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pietari

Postby cybarton » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:13 pm

Hiya
I'm new to Jevents but was working on the same kind of thing earlier on today! How I solved it was to make sure the beginning date is correct & end date is in the future (like a year ahead, if you have monthly events).
Secondly, click 1* per month button, and choose the day of the week you want - ie Friday.

That should do it. See how you get on. :)
Chris
P.S. Someone please correct me if I missed something out. :oops:
cybarton

Postby Pietari » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:08 am

Hi!

I tried that out earlier, and it works in 95 % of the months, but in some months the event is not on he first Friday of the month but on the second, like in January and May (why on just those?). See attachments. So the calendar displays the event randomly either on the first or on the second Friday (mostly on the first). Is there a bug in the code?
Attachments
sshot-1.png
Functions normally
sshot-1.png (16.03 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
sshot-2.png
Mailfunction
sshot-2.png (16.47 KiB) Viewed 1404 times
Pietari

Postby khorsed1018 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:29 am

Pietari wrote:Hi!

I tried that out earlier, and it works in 95 % of the months, but in some months the event is not on he first Friday of the month but on the second, like in January and May (why on just those?). See attachments. So the calendar displays the event randomly either on the first or on the second Friday (mostly on the first). Is there a bug in the code?

Hey Pietari, I have a hunch that there is some calculation in components/com_events/libraries/commonfunctions.php that is screwing this up for you. I just started using this today though, so maybe someone with more experience in the forum can help out!

Kristin
khorsed1018

Return to JEvents 1.4